Cottonland Overland Opine Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy crap......

Just read about this place in a mag. Thorncrown Chapel
It's on the far northern border or Arkansas though 12968 Highway 62 West, Eureka Springs, AR 72632

Constructed mostly of wood and other materials indigenous to northwestern Arkansas, the design minimized material transportation costs. They used materials no bigger than what two people could carry (i.e. 2x4s, 2x6s, and 2x12s of Southern pine wood). Though it looks like an open-air structure, the chapel is a glass-enclosed, air-conditioned space. They enlarged the skylight to have a natural ornamentation lighting effect throughout the chapel.

Thorncrown_Chapel.jpg

It’s brother or sister is in hot springs.

They are very cool.

Garvan Gardens is well worth the visit in Hot Springs.

It's on the far northern border or Arkansas though 12968 Highway 62 West, Eureka Springs, AR 72632

Constructed mostly of wood and other materials indigenous to northwestern Arkansas, the design minimized material transportation costs. They used materials no bigger than what two people could carry (i.e. 2x4s, 2x6s, and 2x12s of Southern pine wood). Though it looks like an open-air structure, the chapel is a glass-enclosed, air-conditioned space. They enlarged the skylight to have a natural ornamentation lighting effect throughout the chapel.

Thorncrown_Chapel.jpg
Oldest daughter had her wedding at the one in Hot Springs. Just beautiful.

Thorncrown_Chapel.jpg

I was about to argue with you that this chapel is in Hot Springs :lol:

Upon closer inspection, they are close, but the Garvan Gardens structure has steeper angles. Really cool in person.

040F962F-AFFD-4B5A-96DA-F0B3A84DEC0B.jpeg

The Gardens is a cool place to do bipedal overlanding if you’re in the area. We went with the Bomar’s last year when it was a million degrees out. I’ll bet it is really amazing in the spring & fall.

C6CFAA87-4560-48BF-BF0F-F60B699A755A.jpeg

Minnesota. Nevada. Awesome.

I’ll be sitting in S-Town breathing the toxic sulphuric haze counting the days until my 2 week escape to CO in late July.

Seems like everyone took this opportunity about bragging about getting out of the south ha!

I’ll be heading to southern CO either July 31 or Aug 1st in the 60.

Bomar I sure wish I could join you guys but being fresh off 2 weeks in Utah I just can’t swing it .. hopefully we can get back out there this fall

I’ve got a couple days to kill in North TN or a South KY this coming weekend and looking for suggestions. I was going to camp a couple days at a Land Between The Lakes but it’s looking too much like rain for my better half. Ideas?

Hit Mammoth cave! Temps will be cool and great place to visit. Then if you wanta go sight seeing head over to Pickett state park or Big South fork, beautiful areas and great hiking.

Haven’t been in years but was wonderful and peaceful back in the day.

Not exactly opine, but The corvette Museum is in bowling green. And the lost river cave boat tour is pretty neat to kill a few hours. Not sure how far East your going, but the Cumberland gap tunnel is pretty interesting and it is in Cumberland gap state park, so that's kinda opine...

The nemo rail tunnel in the catoosa wildlife area looks interesting, but I've never been

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom