SOLD Texas: 1981 Left Hand Drive BJ46 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sale is my 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ46. This particular BJ46 is a left hand drive model with a 3B engine and a 4 speed transmission.

It was purchased from the original family (so a one owner car).

The 3B has ~147,618 miles, but may go up as I take it out to keep everything moving. The 4 speed shifts perfectly.

The interior is good condition and has the bench seats in the back.

This particular model comes with the original PTO winch and has a third lever inside to control it.

The color is Olive Brown (653) and is in good condition, although it seems some touch ups have been made. I have included those in the link of pictures.

The frame has been coded with a tough black coating to prevent rust and seems in good condition.

This is an incredibly rare car in great working condition.

I am asking $25,000 FIRM.

Thank you for looking and please let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT: The hard top/doors are not original.

Here is a link to more pictures: 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser B J46

F33AEFAE-C242-4AC7-B3BC-9C82A5D34FF2.jpg

FC6FF76F-58BC-45A1-8CE8-5521561702B8.jpg

IMG_3841.JPG

CFC136F0-3E34-4053-8499-601ECA0E0B35.jpg

AD99A8DA-EC6D-4AF6-80CF-9A93994C0A99.jpg

Last edited:
An interesting truck with some unusual elements, especially the rear doors. Was this originally exported from Japan to France?

An interesting truck with some unusual elements, especially the rear doors. Was this originally exported from Japan to France?
To my knowledge is has always been a Euro car. None of the paperwork/manuals/service history has any Japanese exportation signs.

Also, if this were a Japanese model it would be RHD, and have the mirrors on the fenders. This is all original.

Last edited:
Can u get some more pictures of the rear doors ? Interested to see what they have going on

What would you like me to take pictures of?
I am interested in the hinge area where it looks to be bolted on to a separate piece of metal. Just trying to understand what is going on there as in 30 years of 40 series ownership I have never seen anything like that there. The again I didn’t know they did BJ46 in 81 so it is all very interesting.

Ahhhh sorry didn’t see the gallery link all good. Guessing it was not a factory hard top and was in fact a soft top and the hard top and rear doors etc are aftermarket. That explains the roof as well as the rear doors not being Toyota.

Ahhhh sorry didn’t see the gallery link all good. Guessing it was not a factory hard top and was in fact a soft top and the hard top and rear doors etc are aftermarket. That explains the roof as well as the rear doors not being Toyota.
Thank you. I am adjusting the information on the main post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom