PS Rear Door Won't Close (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon y'all!

Total noob here when it comes to forums, so if I'm wrong please let me know. This morning I was packing up my stuff to go mountain biking, I open the passenger side rear door and it wouldn't shut. It seems like it isn't latching at all. I checked to see if it was getting stuck on something, the weatherstriping, you name it but found nothing. Is this a common issue? It hasn't happened in the past. I guess I don't open that door too much in my every day life so I was a little confused about what happened.

I remember I came across something about a tiny spring maybe breaking? But I haven't been able to find that same source again.

Any help would be great, thanks!

PS It's a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser

Good afternoon y'all!

Total noob here when it comes to forums, so if I'm wrong please let me know. This morning I was packing up my stuff to go mountain biking, I open the passenger side rear door and it wouldn't shut. It seems like it isn't latching at all. I checked to see if it was getting stuck on something, the weatherstriping, you name it but found nothing. Is this a common issue? It hasn't happened in the past. I guess I don't open that door too much in my every day life so I was a little confused about what happened.

I remember I came across something about a tiny spring maybe breaking? But I haven't been able to find that same source again.

Any help would be great, thanks!

PS It's a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser
Lubricate the mechanism first. Can you use a screw driver to manually latch it while it remains open? Once latched you can unlatch or open it simply by pulling the handle as you would normally to open it. Try to do that a few times before giving it another go.

Lubricate the mechanism first. Can you use a screw driver to manually latch it while it remains open? Once latched you can unlatch or open it simply by pulling the handle as you would normally to open it. Try to do that a few times before giving it another go.

Okay, I'll try that out first thing tomorrow. Thank you for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom