200 series picture thread (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the Toughdog 45mm adjustable foam cell front and rear lift put on.

What suspension did you use and which wheels? Good looking truck.

1293AD67-C1A5-4AE8-BCB0-CB42B4FE33A9.jpeg

The set up is a Tactical Application Vehicles (TAV LLC) Spec Stage 1.

King Coils (650lbs) with reservoir and compression adjusters up front.

King shocks reservoir and compression adjusters w/ TAV spec’d valving in the rear.

Total Chaos upper control arms, and Timbren bump-stops.

OME rear coils stated as -22s. The height of the truck seems a little more than the .75” on the 2722, so I’m going to look into that a little further.

Wheel and tire combo is Method 701 in 17”. I was really concerned about the 0 offset, but only the sidewalls exceed the fenders. Tires are Toyo RT in 285/70r17.

I ran the “exact” set-up on a T4R, and was beyond pleased with the adjustability of the Kings. The road manners are exceptional, and the off-road capability is worth every penny.

View attachment 1984688

The set up is a Tactical Application Vehicles (TAV LLC) Spec Stage 1.

King Coils (650lbs) with reservoir and compression adjusters up front.

King shocks reservoir and compression adjusters w/ TAV spec’d valving in the rear.

Total Chaos upper control arms, and Timbren bump-stops.

OME rear coils stated as -22s. The height of the truck seems a little more than the .75” on the 2722, so I’m going to look into that a little further.

Wheel and tire combo is Method 701 in 17”. I was really concerned about the 0 offset, but only the sidewalls exceed the fenders. Tires are Toyo RT in 285/70r17.

I ran the “exact” set-up on a T4R, and was beyond pleased with the adjustability of the Kings. The road manners are exceptional, and the off-road capability is worth every penny.

That's awesome, that's a very nice clean build you got there!

Timbren bump stops, That's new never heard of those. How do they feel when on bottoming out occasions?

That's awesome, that's a very nice clean build you got there!

Timbren bump stops, That's new never heard of those. How do they feel when on bottoming out occasions?

They are progressive stops, so they don’t feel nearly as harsh. In theory, they help decelerate the axle before they bottom out. On the 4Runner, the only indication I had they I ever used them was a marks on the axle. I certainly didn’t feel it.

TOTW...
Please excuse my note below...
View attachment 1970900

View attachment 1970908

Disclaimer/Opinion Note:

If this sort of thing makes your heart race, maybe just don’t do it. -Not to imply there’s anything technically hard about getting close to an edge. It’s not difficult. -More just that if spots like these make your heart race.., an inadvertent over-reaction or stressed reflex can do bad things. So be honest with yourself & think about whether this makes sense... :)

PS. Thanks @Mendocino for spotting everyone, and @indycole for shooting photo. :) Lighting was weird at that time of day, so B&W made sense.
Ohhh it's the weird lighting that's making you look like @indycole 's pappy!

The forum doesn't seem to like more than 2 Youtube clips per post:

Need some juxtaposition vids of rigs coming up through the same spots on various tires. Greg's for example... otherwise it's all just hearsay! ;)

Need some juxtaposition vids of rigs coming up through the same spots on various tires. Greg's for example... otherwise it's all just hearsay! ;)
pulling a few bong hits tonight donk?

pulling a few bong hits tonight donk?
You mad bro? Feel bad fo you brotha, you're not right in the head, so much teenage angst.

PS. Don't you have a business to run "building the most capable, trail ready Toyota Land Cruisers in the world"? LMAO... #TLCDS :rofl:

You mad bro? Feel bad fo you brotha, you're not right in the head, so much teenage angst.

PS. Don't you have a business to run "building the most capable, trail ready Toyota Land Cruisers in the world"? LMAO... #TLCDS :rofl:
Side business donkey, keep rolling your KO2s and your troll mud accounts o_O

Turns out that if you don't haul ass and instead set cruise control at 5kph over the limit and just relax, you can get some pretty awesome fuel economy. This is equivalent to 20mpg. Admittedly, over mostly flat roads, but nonetheless, pretty impressive.

Driving over the mountains, economy dropped to 13.6L/100, or 17.3 MPG. Still better than my Tacoma ever got over the same route!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom