Mustard 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

85E7F834-D85B-41B6-AADB-61E008D6B8F7.jpeg
5433CBB4-835A-4D4E-A472-7CB93E0DC66B.jpeg
066B97E1-E78C-4ACF-92BC-B21EE733B595.jpeg
This is a classic color!

Here's my original paint 78...

mustard1.jpg

One thing that I observe is, aside from @DarnMarie, we all are basically in the 2F, mid '70s body type or later era. I find this interesting because I have a slight preference for 2Fs, 4-speeds, and specifically mustard paint, but with bench seats, column shift, early front doors, split hoods, late '60s to'74 windshield frame, etc.

Anyway, if you go to CCOT, and/or check out toyotareference.com paint codes, they suggests that this color was used from '75 on, it is #532-Yellow. But, one of the fender of my '75 FJ40, and the one on Toyota PPG Color Code Book Sheets - 1975 suggest that it is #531. Is one code actually incorrect?

My dream truck and color! This is my May 1975 the day it rolled off the auto transport. It looks great from about 10 feet. I respect the guys that jump directly into a frame off resto. My plan is to get it working for the family, make some memories and take on the full restoration when my son is old enough to help... I will update again after a refreshed suspension (OME 2.5"), new tires on white wagon wheels, full roll cage, rear bench seat, repaired hardtop and a little maintenance along the way.

image.jpeg

My Mustard Troopy.. 2H, HJ47.

My dream truck and color! This is my May 1975 the day it rolled off the auto transport. It looks great from about 10 feet. I respect the guys that jump directly into a frame off resto. My plan is to get it working for the family, make some memories and take on the full restoration when my son is old enough to help... I will update again after a refreshed suspension (OME 2.5"), new tires on white wagon wheels, full roll cage, rear bench seat, repaired hardtop and a little maintenance along the way.

View attachment 1984866
Can’t wait to see it with the lift.

Wow! That is a super clean truck.
Thanks. I searched for a long time and ended up finding her on Craigslist in Bozeman. The couple there had just moved from California. He had all service records dated back to 1986. The paint is very clean but when you get close you’ll see bare metal like on the steps and there are little nicks from rocks and such. I love it because I’m not afraid to drive it.

1592552469400.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom