Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks.

I have tried the Coopers on my 100. Great manners on trail and road (very pricey tho). Mostly curious for my 200 as it relates to Ouray area trails and the asphalt there and back to Houston.

Had them on my 200. Great tire. On-road and off were very good for an aggressive AT. Stiff and stout sidewall.

I'm actually about to put a set on my Tundra tomorrow.

Man ya'll are going to have fun!! Straight jelly.....

Interesting graphic I saw today on the Rising Sun forum:

swe-jpg.79369

swe-jpg.79369

Wow.
Would be interesting if their color keys went up to 2-300%. Gotta be some crazy-high numbers this year... 😳

I was actually just reading a discussion on these numbers. Normally the height of statewide snowpack occurs around April 5, these numbers are a little misleading since they are a percentage compared to the "normal" value on a specific date. A late holding snowpack will always inflate these % of normal #s, so these %s will actually continue to increase if melt stays slow even without additional snowfall (even though this year's peak SWE was "only" 145% of normal for the Gunnison Basin). If you compare today's SWE Gunnison Basin # to last year's, today's is 2700% more, ha! That said, statewide ~35% of the snowpack has melted.

81" snow depth reported at Red Mountain Pass this AM, down from 85" 2 days ago during the recent storm.

Here’s another interesting graph...
See cutout for comparison to last year in particular.
State-wide, last several years compared, also normal peak date and normal average, etc.
E7D8A901-0CEE-4E76-8963-C6C0FFE40A0D.jpeg

Check out the percentage compared to *last year.*
A4DA87B7-736D-4D4B-981C-66C03DA87FDB.jpeg

Interesting that it currently sits at 87% of this season’s peak...where normally it’s already down to just 35% of a given year’s peak depth. So not only is it really high, but it is staying nearer that high, percentage wise.

:) On the bright side... last year was unusually low. So comparing to last year is more drastic than comparing to an average year.

Last edited:
I was actually just reading a discussion on these numbers. Normally the height of statewide snowpack occurs around April 5, these numbers are a little misleading since they are a percentage compared to the "normal" value on a specific date. A late holding snowpack will always inflate these % of normal #s, so these %s will actually continue to increase if melt stays slow even without additional snowfall (even though this year's peak SWE was "only" 145% of normal for the Gunnison Basin). If you compare today's SWE Gunnison Basin # to last year's, today's is 2700% more, ha! That said, statewide ~35% of the snowpack has melted.

81" snow depth reported at Red Mountain Pass this AM, down from 85" 2 days ago during the recent storm.

Here’s another interesting graph...
See cutout for comparison to last year in particular.
State-wide, last several years compared, also normal peak date and normal average, etc.
View attachment 1984585

Check out the percentage compared to *last year.*
View attachment 1984586

Interesting that it currently sits at 87% of this season’s peak...where normally it’s already down to just 35% of a given year’s peak depth. So not only is it really high, but it is staying nearer that high, percentage wise.

:) On the bright side... last year was unusually low. So comparing to last year is more drastic than comparing to an average year.

giphy.gif

Helpful update to Sched app released.
See below, and head over to App Store updates. Not sure about Android...but check it out, or click link below photo if on an iPhone or iPad...
47E2E2AE-3ACE-45DF-89A1-FDB7B8C5D12B.jpeg

Sched by Sched
‎Sched

Are you guys doing a pre-lcdc Moab trip?

None that I’ve heard of.
As for me...I just did Cruise Moab...with cool weather and green growth. Much less inclined to do the 100 degree+ version of Moab this go round... :)

Are you guys doing a pre-lcdc Moab trip?

If this snowpocalypse keeps up we may be commuting to Moab each day. 😜

On a serious note, it looks like Lake City is looking for volunteers to help with sandbagging in advance of potential flooding for any locals in the region.

Zombie apocalypse... Snowpocolypse...

LC is a great choice! :hillbilly:

We've been toying with doing Rimrocker as we'll be coming in from the West... though we're also eager to get into Ouray and pre-run some stuff.
@indycole I'm interested...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom