Builds VDJ76L-RKMNYV - Cleopatra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are looking for something that isn't there. The flasher function is controlled somewhere in the body ECU or the instrument cluster. There is no "flasher". View attachment 1982721

I saw that .. but I could not believe in my right mind why Mr. T would do something like that .?

I actually took out the Cluster and sure that was no more turning light or anything but that also happen on the 80 series ..?

The only comparrison I have personal knowledge of is my 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8. That vehicle does not have a conventional flasher unit. The flasher function is electronically controlled within the cluster which is a sealed unit.

My 80 Series has a flasher.

The only comparrison I have personal knowledge of is my 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8. That vehicle does not have a conventional flasher unit. The flasher function is electronically controlled within the cluster which is a sealed unit.

My 80 Series has a flasher.

My 60 and 80 series also have a flasher .. but that's not my complain .. I can understand that part, but why in the FSM state that there is a flasher when is not .?

Makes me wonder how much the FSM can be " trusted " .?

boy how much I miss the good old days with paper book FSM !

Perhaps your manual does not apply to your year model? Or, perhaps it covers multiple years and you have not found your configuration yet?

Perhaps your manual does not apply to your year model? Or, perhaps it covers multiple years and you have not found your configuration yet?

Might be the second one .. coz this it's the latest FSM for all 7* series available.

One note is there is a iteration 2012 - on but I know there is a variation on 2016 ( ABS - DPF ) for the Australia Market ABS - DPF go together but in my case not .. mine have ABS but not DPF ..

Another silly upgrade ..?

20190602055611-01699063-me.jpg

At least I'm not suffering for that " empty " wasted space under seats ..

Toyo OC MT 35" against fairly new 315 they are suppose to be less than 1" difference ..

20190602055858-368a6a37-me.jpg

and not so far from old 40" on Tencha ..

20190602060042-730438f0-me.jpg

So I'm a LED freak and replacing every single bulb on my 76 face the turning lights .. since my model for some reason don't have ( or I've been unable to locate it ) flasher to be replaced with an electronic LED ready I got to add load resistors ( 6 ohms 50 Watts )..

Here is the interesting thing .. on the rear I use these ( working flawless ) ..

and when attempted to do the same in the front, they didn't work .. more interesting stuff it's these ones do work ( when I said work it's the philips when in the front turning light socket they don't illuminate 0, none, nada ..)

Anyone smart enough to offer me a clue why ..?

thanks !

David

Hi,

I asked you on the other forum on where you will install your EGT probes.

Looks like I'm going for a dual EGT setup. Both probes pre-turbo.

I pulled the passenger side manifold out. Driver's side is a PITA to remove. Going to pull it out as well and mount the two probes on the manifolds.

This is what i'm going to use for that.

Great truck, where abouts did you source the upper tail lights or did you just put bulbs in the factory housings ?

Great truck, where abouts did you source the upper tail lights or did you just put bulbs in the factory housings ?

Source in eBay Australia .. LED panels for parking and brakes .. LED bulbs for reverse and turning lights ..

I pulled the passenger side manifold out. Driver's side is a PITA to remove. Going to pull it out as well and mount the two probes on the manifolds.

You are way brave than me .. ! I'm not there yet ( pulling the drivers side or turbo side for that matter ) I'll to the day I'll replace the turbo .. but passenger side looks very doable from under the truck with the manifold in place ..

Happy to report that both are in right now. I cannot stress how difficult it is to get to the driver's side! It would be easier to pull the engine out and do it.

Anyway, after doing it, I don't think you need it. On a healthy engine, you are looking at similar EGTs both sides.

I mounted both on the manifold. The turbo side reads 10 degrees F lower on average.

Overall, I'm surprised how cool this engine runs. Flooring it, I can only reach 800F.

Overall, my 1HD-FT runs a lot hotter than this.

They are finally here .. but guess what .. Mr. T made them only ready up to Windows XP ..!!!! WTF Toyota .. XP it's no longer supported like from 1900 ..!

20190510104437-204044e7.jpg

This is awesome! We've been looking for these. Mind sharing where we can get them also? Tnx!

This is awesome! We've been looking for these. Mind sharing where we can get them also? Tnx!

I have 2 sets coming in soon , already have the first CD’s here in the US but volume 2 sits ready in Europe

Overall, I'm surprised how cool this engine runs. Flooring it, I can only reach 800F.

great info right here .. appreciate you sharing it ..

800°F goes along the Mr. T policy with low emissions, low consumption therefore very little diesel added .. I would gess AFR are close to 30:1 with also play good roll on longevity of the engine ..

In my case they were very expensive and very hard to get .. I got them after 3 months of waiting process from the folks I bought my VDJ from ..

Autoredo ( Dubai )

And to be honest I would ( not possible ) rather have a paper book .. this DVD it's as complicated as it gets .. mines have all data from 199* 70 series and included 80 series .. ( weird I know )

I did delete the EGR system prior to adding the probes. I'd assume it would run a little hotter with EGR and factory snorkel.
Also did a Safari Air Max raised air intake on mine.

In my case they were very expensive and very hard to get .. I got them after 3 months of waiting process from the folks I bought my VDJ from ..

Autoredo ( Dubai )

And to be honest I would ( not possible ) rather have a paper book .. this DVD it's as complicated as it gets .. mines have all data from 199* 70 series and included 80 series .. ( weird I know )
Hmmm... Interesting. But I didn't follow your last comment. Are you saying the CDROM have all the info on 70's from 2019 back to 1990? or only 199* ?

Hmmm... Interesting. But I didn't follow your last comment. Are you saying the CDROM have all the info on 70's from 2019 back to 1990? or only 199* ?

All the info from 199* all the way to 2018 ..

But the info for the late model came as " add on " on another window ..

Here few pics so you get an idea ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom