Broken Bronze Window - What Years Had These? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.build.com
Hey 'Mud,

My Landy is in a sad state right now :confused: I stopped in Zephyr Cove for 20 mins to play with my dog at the beach and someone smash n' grabbed the rear passenger window. Stole a bunch of my wife's stuff but it's replaceable. I also have nothing but kinds words for Douglas County Fire Station #24 who lent me a shop vac and some plastic sheeting, and the Sheriff Dept. who was very kind and helpful as well.

So, insurance can't help because nobody can source this window. I found a 1998 Champaign Pearl LC near me, but I can't tell from the pics if it also has the bronze window. From my research, it seems like every truck had these windows until 2004. Can anyone else verify, or help me decide if this is worth the drive?

Sad truck, happy and cold pup.

Thanks so much in advance!

My 2003 has bronze windows. I recently had the windshield replaced (bronze) at Lash's Glass on Park Ave and they didn't have any problems getting one. But I have no idea about the passenger windows.

Chris

Think it was 98-2003 or 2005 that had bronze before it became green tint. If you get on Car-part.com you can find one pretty quick. Think I paid $75 last time I bought a used glass.

My 2003 has bronze windows. I recently had the windshield replaced (bronze) at Lash's Glass on Park Ave and they didn't have any problems getting one. But I have no idea about the passenger windows.

Chris
Thanks a ton, I'll call them tomorrow. My normal glass guys is Ben at Just Auto Glass and he said they're unavailable from his suppliers, but Lash's is worth a shot. I appreciate the recommendation very much.
Think it was 98-2003 or 2005 that had bronze before it became green tint. If you get on Car-part.com you can find one pretty quick. Think I paid $75 last time I bought a used glass.
Great call, thanks I have a few more leads for tomorrow now.

So this is the one in question that I found already, not far too far away: Parting Out: 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser - Stk#R19395 | AutoGator - Sacramento, CA
Does that look bronze? What's the consensus?

Windshields and front door windows came in Bronze or Green. Rear windows came in green, gray or dark gray. I think yours is gray... which is the same for 98-02 years.

Windshields and front door windows came in Bronze or Green. Rear windows came in green, gray or dark gray. I think yours is gray... which is the same for 98-02 years.
Hoser, thanks for the input. I've seen discontinued part listings for bronze rear windows, so if your credible info is correct then I'm a bit more stumped now. On the other hand, whatever it's called, are you certain that 98-02 should match for all?

Doxie /Dachshund ftw.

I'm 90% sure that info is correct. Also, the front door window is obviously different than the 2nd row.... they both can't be bronze, right?

I'm 90% sure that info is correct. Also, the front door window is obviously different than the 2nd row.... they both can't be bronze, right?
Right, my front windows are crystal clear. But my rear doors and quarters and hatch have what I'd describe as a brown, not grey, filter when you look through them. I feel that the tan interior makes this even more noticeable, in the right light.

Anyway, I think I'll be picking up a window from this truck tomorrow: 1998 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER SILVER 4.7L AT 4WD Z19489- RANCHO TOYOTA RECYCLING

It looks exactly like mine in terms glass shade/tint, and the guy assured me it's correct and we can verify before he pulls it.

I really appreciate everyone's help and suggestions.

I am going through this now. I looked on car-parts and it is hard to determine what tint the glass is. There are none close to me and I am reluctant to get someone to ship a piece. So in the meantime I have a gray one that Safelite put in. Darn aggravating.
My rear door glass is definitely bronze. My front side windows are clear but a PO had them tinted bronze to match the rest of the side windows.

This may help aid in your search for proper glass type.

Glass Codes.PNG

Nice contribution there ^ wish I had seen that! @Hugh Heifer sorry to hear, and good luck on your search!

To update this thread: the glass turned out correct and install was breeze. The project even prompted me to re-do all my lock motors and clean my glass runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom