Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4th saturday

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was good to meet everyone, yesterday. Thank you to those who put it together. I enjoyed seeing rigs and putting faces to name. it will take a few visits before I get them all known. Thanks to cjmoon for the interior light conversions and look forward to a closer look at your skid plate prototype. I hope to participate in the future get togethers. And will now begin my next quest to stop all the oil leaks mine currently has. :)

It was good to meet everyone, yesterday. Thank you to those who put it together. I enjoyed seeing rigs and putting faces to name. it will take a few visits before I get them all known. Thanks to cjmoon for the interior light conversions and look forward to a closer look at your skid plate prototype. I hope to participate in the future get togethers. And will now begin my next quest to stop all the oil leaks mine currently has. :)
It was nice meeting you as well, good luck on fixing the leaks.

nice meet up saturday , looking forward to more in the future

Next get together is at Chicken N Pickle 1761 Burlington St, North Kansas City, MO 64116 on Mar 23 @ 11AM

Next get together is at Chicken N Pickle 1761 Burlington St, North Kansas City, MO 64116 on Mar 23 @ 11AM
Not that I'm going, but isn't BMR on 23rd of March?
I don't get to go to BMR or to this get together. I have some tree trimming I need to take care of.

Will anyone be at lunch? just want to be sure before a road trip.

I'll be there.

Last minute decision here, to many morning activities on the books.

I'll be there.

would like to see what you guys do ---i'm new to this. My son just thought it would be fun to work on something. So he is now the proud owner of a 1975 Land Cruiser. A "little work" is needed (see pic) but so far we are grouping along in the dark and could use some light from this group. i have a Chiltons but some everyday common knowledge is always good. thanks

IMG_2185.JPG

would like to see what you guys do ---i'm new to this. My son just thought it would be fun to work on something. So he is now the proud owner of a 1975 Land Cruiser. A "little work" is needed (see pic) but so far we are grouping along in the dark and could use some light from this group. i have a Chiltons but some everyday common knowledge is always good. thanks

View attachment 1944595
Welcome! Here’s a link to all the material you could ask for

For Sale - 40, 50, 60, and 80 series FSM for a hell of a price.

Step one, running, step two, brakes, step three around the block on a milk crate. Wish I could count the times I test drive on weird seats, I think this was a couple weeks ago.
20190324_145438.jpg

Step one, running, step two, brakes, step three around the block on a milk crate. Wish I could count the times I test drive on weird seats, I think this was a couple weeks ago.View attachment 1944850

As I always say:
1) Make it run
2) Make it stop
3) Make it safe
4) Make it reliable
5) Make it pretty

Well, I'm shooting for #5 on mine now but @ljl12321 has a little bit further before that step. I'm a resource for tech when you get to the brake safely part.

Well, I'm shooting for #5 on mine now but @ljl12321 has a little bit further before that step. I'm a resource for tech when you get to the brake safely part.
Thanks for the offer --i will keep it in my files. I just replaced all rear wheel brakes and bled them last night. put in new master cylinder ( i have the old one --does anyone refurb them? I also replaced the clutch master and have the old one to refurb.
i have not started on the front yet --any words of wisdom?

if you have Drums, adjust them tight, step on the pedal, center the pads, adjust them tight again, repeat, then back off a few clicks..
I absolutely HATE adjusting land cruiser drums to the point i will just NOT do it anymore especially on front brakes. Everything i own is converted to disk brakes. The other word of wisdom that almost killed me once, New soft lines Everywhere. The old ones might look good on the outside but they swell on the inside taking the pressure away from your brake circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom