Greater Boston area owners thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dunebashing? Not my taste thanks for implying. was thinking crawling along the the designated roadways and cutouts that may lead to a somewhat secluded spot for a little rest and relaxation with the family and perhaps wet a line.
Opting for the off season pass at a couple different beaches , I’ll keep everyone abreast on the plover we errr happen upon.

Cheers

Couple guys here have 100s. FYI: I have a NIB Speski cargo barrier up FS. They have been long lead time to get, as he was doing them in batch every 3 to 4 months.

For Sale - Speski cargo barrier for 100

Hay I saw a beige 60 at a mechanic I use occasionally in needham like a months ago. Yours ? Love the FD too btw
@Trialsallday that may have been me. My beige 60 was at Socci for a couple days before I took it down to CT for the summer. That shop is right around the corner from my office behind MightySubs. Sadly, my truck is nowhere near as nice as @timexlost !

FJ60 owner myself in Groton,MA. Looking for a mechanic that know the vehicle that can come over and help me get this bad-girl running again.

Been surfing around for awhile and hadn't seen this thread. I've got an 84 60 and live in Uxbridge MA. Currently planning a split case rebuild - somehow - in my garage to address some old leaking seals.

IMG_3258.jpg

Just discovered this group/thread. I'm in Quincy, but work in Newton. I'm always around in my 60, it's my daily. I've run into a few owners here and there, not sure if any of them are on here.
29439082278_f849d241da_b.jpg

Glad to see you made it on here Jared. I don't see much LC activity in Boston proper (certainly nothing like the Subie days) but I hope I run into a few more guys in the future as my wife really isn't into talking shop(hard to believe, I know). Oddly enough, I've met @4Beast through a mutual friend completely outside of 'Mud and yet we still haven't been able to organize anything.

Anyone want to lead the charge here? Bueller?

I don't see much LC activity in Boston proper (certainly nothing like the Subie days) but I hope I run into a few more guys in the future as my wife really isn't into talking shop (hard to believe, I know). Anyone want to lead the charge here? Bueller?

Subie days...LOL. I'm pretty good at pulling events/gatherings together but travel a lot. And..... I spend 7 years president of New England Subaru Club, Inc. and burned out on organizing events. Events got too big, wicked big... So I'm a bit hand shy of leading anything with more than 12 people. Maybe a meet and greet this winter and some some multiday trip planning type thing?

@REDrum : I was far from an active member of NASIOC crowd since I'm in Boston proper and don't venture out much, but I did do a fair amount of auto-xing and a few trips around NHMS with my old STI. I can't imagine the work that goes into organizing such a huge number of people, not my area of expertise.

I think a small meet/greet on a weekend would be best, ideally with good food and parking, and see how it goes from there. I see a few 100s around my neighborhood but none appear to be enthusiast owned.

@REDrum : I was far from an active member of NASIOC crowd since I'm in Boston proper and don't venture out much, but I did do a fair amount of auto-xing and a few trips around NHMS with my old STI. I can't imagine the work that goes into organizing such a huge number of people, not my area of expertise.

I think a small meet/greet on a weekend would be best, ideally with good food and parking, and see how it goes from there. I see a few 100s around my neighborhood but none appear to be enthusiast owned.
I only went to a few meet ups in my own Subie days (but NASIOC was my real intro to car enthusiast forums), and have been to a few more Cruiser/Overlanding meetups organized through Expo Portal. Getting enough people together to make it worthwhile is like herding cats. That said, I'd be up.

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd start a thread for us Boston area members. I know there are a few of us around so let's see how many of us there really are. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules on "greater Boston" borders so the more the merrier.

I'm in Boston's South End and to answer your question, yes, it is a pain to park the LC on the street in the city but it's totally worth it. I try to do as much work on the car myself so if anyone needs a hand with an install or maintenance I'm happy to help.

-Pete
Hey Pete, just joined and wanted to say hello to a local LC guy. Recently bought a nice 92 fj80. Its the 7th cruiser I've owned. Looking forward to taking on the beach this summer. I'll be in touch with questions as thing arise. thanks

This is awesome! I think I actually saw you once in Uxbridge. I live in Douglas and just got a new LC200. Picked it up on Saturday and just put new tires on it today. Nice to meet you!

Regards, David

Been surfing around for awhile and hadn't seen this thread. I've got an 84 60 and live in Uxbridge MA. Currently planning a split case rebuild - somehow - in my garage to address some old leaking seals.

This is awesome! I think I actually saw you once in Uxbridge. I live in Douglas and just got a new LC200. Picked it up on Saturday and just put new tires on it today. Nice to meet you!

Regards, David

View attachment 1909313
Nic rig. I have just recently bought nearly the same rig, but a 2015, and my 3rd Cruiser. I’m up in the north shore.

What size KO2s did you put on? I’m debating whether to go up a size (Which are LT E rated). this truck will serve mostly as DD and haul a Horse Trailer on some weekends, but I don’t want the weight hit of E rated rotating mass.

Looks nice with that rubber!

Nic rig. I have just recently bought nearly the same rig, but a 2015, and my 3rd Cruiser. I’m up in the north shore.

What size KO2s did you put on? I’m debating whether to go up a size (Which are LT E rated). this truck will serve mostly as DD and haul a Horse Trailer on some weekends, but I don’t want the weight hit of E rated rotating mass.

Chris, you probably wouldn't be surprised to hear that I always advocate for going up in size! The stock rubber looks like a shopping cart on those big ass 200s! Congrats on the new rig, btw!

Thanks so much! I went with 285/65/R18, which is slightly bigger than stock. Congratulations on your new rig! I love the LC200 so far, it’s an amazing vehicle and glad to have made the switch from Land Rover.

Just discovered this group/thread. I'm in Quincy, but work in Newton. I'm always around in my 60, it's my daily. I've run into a few owners here and there, not sure if any of them are on here.

Another NASIOC owner on the Mud? Yes, I am a little late to reply.

Who’s the Bostonian with the flat black 62 with the spare in the roof rack?

Hi guys I’m also Boston based (Hyde Park). I picked up a new to me 100 and would love to put her through her paces. I’ve already swapped out the tired oem suspension for a Dobinsons kit and spc upper’s and had some meaty Ko2’s mounted. In the past I have had the Nauset beach ORV pass and plan to get out there again this summer (birds permitting) but would also like to check out some new areas.

94C33638-3C2C-467C-BF39-3BB440B55E81.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom