Scored 2007 LC W/63K No AHC Clean. Adding Lift, Sliders & skids! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTW: Don't know if anyone noticed, Merlot is pre-sold.

I'll be stepping out of my confront zone and doing some mods to build this one to requested spec with some off road goodies. Should be interesting!

I thank the many ( I mean so very many) of you that inquired and wanted to buy it. I turned down "a lot" of offers. It's one I've really had hard time letting go of, as I did The Unicorn and The Black Knight. These rare ones are getting harder to find. In last 8 months of looking, I've not found one I can buy.

This 07 no factory AHC, BGP with led turn signals in the side mirrors (I love those) is one of the hardest ones to find. It also has the gray paint on rocker panels, not sure where that's done?

Only thing better would have been if no DVD. It's the less is more story with this babies. Many are unaware, DVD's, are not factory installed. They're installed at either port entry lot in the south or at Dealership in the North IIRC. This means someone messed with plastic & wiring after the factory shipped. IMHO port install DVD, like Merlot", is best. As it's what the tech does all day ever day.

Nice work Paul! You've been needing/deserving this for too long!
Thank you Dace. It has been too long. Nice to work/play when I want and not have to remove liquids that would otherwise freeze. I actually drained the washer fluid on Merlot last Oct, due to your teaching me about these Southerner rigs. I still do that, but don't need to anymore..HAHA
Holy crap the attention to detail - I would totally drive up to CO to get my car serviced by you, if you do that. :eek:
Bring it on, I do!
I met Paul briefly at his house. He is indeed a 100 series guru. If I go hunting for another 100 series I'll use his services.
Nice of you too say. Come by anytime.
Can't wait for more updates!
I need to get my head around the fact I can get out there to shop, when I see snow on the ground and temp freezing...LOL

I do have more work to do, getting shop ready for all weather. Next is exhaust hose. Not having one is already and issue that keeps me from running engine on a day like today when too cold to open doors. The garage door will be easiest, fastest and most rewarding update, although single most expensive. The type of door and thickness I select will dictate the exhaust port style for hose. Turns-out, the hoses are very expensive for what I'll get, and they're much longer section than I need. Also I need adapter to fit 100 and 200 series exhaust tail pipes, which 200 has a big pipe.

"Details, details, details the small stuff does counts"

Last edited:
To get Merlot ready for HIH 9 I'll be doing some mods. It will be my first time installing any mods on one of my restore projects. Only thing I can say, It will be nice having a clean rust free rig to build up.

First up was acquiring a good looking set of 16" Land Cruiser wheels.

Not sure yet which tire we'll be putting on these wheels.
Paid up too get a good looking set locally! Not bad for and older set of 16" LC wheels, wouldn't agree?

Last edited:
Fed-x just dropped off Tough Dog suspension parts to add to the pile:

Last edited:

Adjustable---------------------------------------------------------VVVvVVV---

Last edited:
Reactions: BCM
Those TT skids are effective and nice to have. But not "necessary' for HIH trails with the exception of maybe Poughkeepsie gulch.

There is definitely excitement in both doing something new and watching someone do something new. I am very excited about how you go about doing this, knowing your commitment to doing things right.
I hope you have a 22/24mm flex head ratchet, as I've heard they are nearly a necessity for doing rear shocks. I've already ordered both for installing the tough dogs in my cruisers.

I'll be buying some new tools for those rear upper shock nuts. Are the factory 22mm and the Toughdog 24mm?

I'll be buying some new tools for those rear upper shock nuts. Are the factory 22mm and the Toughdog 24mm?
Based on my amazon history that is correct. However the previous shocks on mine weren't OEM and I also needed a 3/4"

From what I've read that's correct. I feel like you've done rear shocks before though?

Some of you certainly must have seen the news, we got snow in Denver, end of May..... Amazing Right!

Merlot just been setting in the driveway, darn I hardly get a change to drive it. Anyway, I started it to move so pallet from ARB could be dropped in the shop. When I did, a CEL came on. Pulled the code and found P1445. Looks, I've a switch to replace in the A.I system "secondary air injection switching system valve". It's a new one for me. I'm thinking lack of use and the cold weather (below freezing) affected a vacuum diaphragm withing the switch. Shouldn't be to difficult to replace.

Some fun stuff, and more coming.

Sliders are in. Just need tires, Slee drop kit and possibly Slee skids :hmm:.

These are very heavy.

5 New Ko2's 285/75R16 mounted on those used 16' LC wheels I found locally.

Washed and hit a few carpet spots with Unique Complete before being install ARB Drawers.
All other soaps or cleaners must first be removed from carpet. Which I use a wet vac to suck up water I use to rinse out cleaners.

I then spray on the Unique Complete, that I premix in with warm water in a spray bottle. Working in with fingers.

Once worked in a warm damp clean rag is applied, and remains on until dry. This is a slow processes for those stains nothing else removes. In Snowy it took up to 7 treatments to get out all the red stains. Merlot I'll only be doing one or two treatments.

If this was a full blown YouTube channel, you’d have major subscribers :)

Always great to read through these posts. Fantastic work.

Unpacking all the extra took nearly two hours. I laid parts around Merlot to get a better visually of what all and how I'll proceed.

The new lateral control arm has a diameter of 33mm, whereas old stock is thicker at 34mm. But weight is so much more than stock. This will give just a hire more remove for spare, which barley fit.

Drawers and side floor kit.

Just like OEM coil springs, DS is taller.

Rear adjustable shocks

Extended links front & rear, front shocks, T-bars and T-bar extra bracing.

UCA's and new front drive shafts. I'll be adding new front diff side seal, hub flange, cone washers, snap rings, etc as I install the UCA's.
Front drive shaft axle where poking out box. They did good job of protecting dust shields/seals with bubble wrap. The two OEM boxes where also pack in one large box.

ARB drawers came on pallet, with stated weight of 240lb. I wounder what the 3rd row seats weigh?

If this was a full blown YouTube channel, you’d have major subscribers :)

Always great to read through these posts. Fantastic work.
My YouTube videos ( ME MY ) aren't very professional. Those take even more of my time and computer storage space then pictures. Both of which, I take less of these days and us my stock footage.

Thanks for the kind words. Makes me feel I'm not wasting my time!:cheers:

Last edited:
Of course! You’re a wealth of knowledge. If I lived closer I’d volunteer to film a few procedures. Take care.

Drawers are well built and work great. They took me about 5 hours to unpack and install. I'm sure I could do in halve the time now.

I later removed all the floor trim pieces as drawers touched them. I hated cutting the carpet, all be it just little cuts needed!

Drawers and sliding floors need pulling apart.

I found one apparent typo, where ARB called for a 40mm bolt in forward and aft securing points. Apparent because they give two 40mm and two 35mm length bolts. The spacer used are a total 15mm in forwards and 20mm in aft. So I went with 35mm bolts in forwards securing points.

Kits has a ton of extra spacers, screws, bolts, nuts, etc.. Many are for different series like 80,100 and 200 and who knows what other.

All in all very nicely packed and good easy to follow instruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom