Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like an OTRAM job.

I thought you where supposed to spend two weeks and mess stuff up first and then take it to Ryan ??

Your right! Sorry!
I don’t have the correct setup either so bring it by and we can F something up!

More armor came in! Rear LCA skids and shock guards from Trail Tailor

20190512_140432.jpg

Replaced the radiator in my 200. It all went well, but I have been informed by SWMBO that it was not a good use of my weekend.

More armor came in! Rear LCA skids and shock guards from Trail Tailor

View attachment 1975680
I just did this before my most recent wheeling day because of your last wheeling trip. Glad I did, the rocks love to jump out and grab the low hanging bits on these rigs.

I just did this before my most recent wheeling day because of your last wheeling trip. Glad I did, the rocks love to jump out and grab the low hanging bits on these rigs.

That's exactly why I got it. Smashed the Passenger side Rear LCA pretty hard in Uwarrie. Figured I'd rather take care of this before damaging them anymore.

That's exactly why I got it. Smashed the Passenger side Rear LCA pretty hard in Uwarrie. Figured I'd rather take care of this before damaging them anymore.
I received mine Friday morning from FedEx. Opened them up, slaped some primer on them and bolted them up Friday afternoon. You have to bend some metal to your will and allow the fasteners to conform the protection to the truck. I installed them laying on my back in the driveway in about an hour and a half. Good luck!

Replacing the water pump on the 45. I got the leaking pump off today; waiting on Permatex from Amazon to put the new one on.

Mom's day ended a little less than ideal.. I noticed my temp gauge was moving around a bit. On the way home from Harpers Ferry I dropped into an Advanced Auto to grab some coolant and a socket set to pull my thermostat in the parking lot as they were closing. The radiator was barley hot but the thermostat housing was quite hot! It would spike to Hot and then drop down again. And then the garbage socket adapter broke!

So we figured we'd let her cool down see how far we could go until the gauge climbed to Hot status again.. Surprisingly made it until we were about 20 minutes from home and called it quits. Tow truck came and brought her home. Only the second time I've been stranded in a land cruiser and the other time was cooling related... Hopefully she'll be back up and running by the weekend

IMG_9118.JPG

That stinks!
PSA: Always carry a decent set of tools: sockets, wrenches, and pliers when motoring about in a 25+ year old vehicle...

Mom's day ended a little less than ideal.. I noticed my temp gauge was moving around a bit. On the way home from Harpers Ferry I dropped into an Advanced Auto to grab some coolant and a socket set to pull my thermostat in the parking lot as they were closing. The radiator was barley hot but the thermostat housing was quite hot! It would spike to Hot and then drop down again. And then the garbage socket adapter broke!

So we figured we'd let her cool down see how far we could go until the gauge climbed to Hot status again.. Surprisingly made it until we were about 20 minutes from home and called it quits. Tow truck came and brought her home. Only the second time I've been stranded in a land cruiser and the other time was cooling related... Hopefully she'll be back up and running by the weekend

View attachment 1977085
It was a stuck thermostat that got my 62 stranded in VT

That stinks!
PSA: Always carry a decent set of tools: sockets, wrenches, and pliers when motoring about in a 25+ year old vehicle...
It was a stuck thermostat that got my 62 stranded in VT

I know! I used to always carry tools. There's a set in the back now!

I guess my thermostat got stuck closed. I pulled it today and was going to order from cityracerLLC but they aren't fulfilling orders until later next week... looks like rockauto has the Aisin parts so probably order from them tomorrow. I'm just making sure the gasket set they have included the o-ring (appears too)

Just to check, and Steve would have the answer on this, there is that problem with 62s having a bad ground and both the temperature gauge and the fuel gauge spike. Still happens to mine with some frequency.

Was not aware of the bad ground thing being a common issue. Doesn’t sound like the problem here. He says the thermo housing was noticeable hot. I believe it had a new thermostat before the Moab trip but can’t remember for sure. Can’t hurt anything

Just to check, and Steve would have the answer on this, there is that problem with 62s having a bad ground and both the temperature gauge and the fuel gauge spike. Still happens to mine with some frequency.

Used to happen in my FJ62, back in the day.
Fuel gauge would peg and temp gauge would climb slowly into the hot range.

Yes, my 62 dose the same, but unrelated to the topic at hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom