2019 ONSC Calendar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is the list of official dates but we encourage everybody to organize a trip of your own and post up for attendees! Exploring and wheeling outside of the events listed on this schedule is always encouraged, just please make sure you're only using legal areas!

JANUARY:

Jan 26 - Uwharrie Workday
Jan 18-20 - UC- MLK Georgia Traverse

FEBRUARY:

Feb 23 - Uwharrie Workday

MARCH:

Mar 8-10 ONSC M&G @ The Barn
Mar 23 - Uwharrie Workday
Mar 29 - OHV Trails open

APRIL:

April 13-20 - UC - Spring Tide Ride
Apr 20 - Uwharrie Workday
April 25-28 - Carolina Relic Run at Group Camp (pending LR2018 we can discuss Shadowlands location)

MAY:

May 13-18 -- GSMTR is at Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, TN
May 18 - Uwharrie Workday

JUNE:

Jun TBD Tentative Hurricane Creek headed by John Casale @GLTHFJ60

June 22 - Uwharrie Workday

JULY:

July 20 - Uwharrie Workday
Jul 25-28 - Hurricane Creek headed by Brian Keefer @GarnerFJ40

AUGUST:

Aug TBD Hurricane Creek headed by TBD
TBD - UC's Over the Mountain tour
Aug 17 - Uwharrie Workday

SEPTEMBER:

Sept 12-15 Appalachian Rendezvous (American Adventurist)
Sep 19-21 - Logan’s Run
Sep 21 - Uwharrie Workday

OCTOBER:
Oct 11 - Oct 13 - Overland Expo East
Oct 19 - Uwharrie Workday
Oct 25th-27th - Fall Crawl at the Cove in Gore, VA Official link
Oct 18-20 - UC's Parkway Ride

NOVEMBER:

Nov TBD Portsmouth Island - Eric Forrest @forrest5000 - As of now ,there is no Portsmouth trip. They aren't taking reservations at this time due to storm damage, and no updates due to government shutdown.

Nov 16 - Uwharrie Workday

DECEMBER:

Dec 6-8 - ONSC Christmas Party
URE Trails Close on December 16, 2019

Workday Notes:
*FOR JULY & AUGUST WORK DAYS THE FOREST SERVICE WON’T PLAN ANY SPECIFIC PROJECTS DUE TO THE LIKELIHOOD THAT WE’LL BE ON FIRE DETAILS. VOLUNTEERS CAN DO GENERAL TRASH CLEAN-UP, BRUSH BACK THE TRAILS, AND CLEAN OUT TAIL
DITCHES.

Standard meeting time is 9:00 AM at the Hunt Camp parking lot -> Google Maps.

Last edited:
@GLTHFJ60 Im not sure where the date came from but we have the HC date as 6/7-9 on the Upstate calendar. Let me know when/if that needs changed.

Event stealers :flipoff2:

Jk. Want to do a joint trip again?

Anyone know specifics on GSMTR? Cost and who might be going?

Event stealers :flipoff2:

Jk. Want to do a joint trip again?
Still considered your trip, but joint as usual (so long as Moonshine survives GSMTR this year ;))

Me and @fj40alex will
Like to take the lead for the August hurricane creek trip.

Should be Thurs, Fri, Sat, ending sun, correct?
That's absolutely correct. I went ahead and added the 28th. It wasn't on there before as we do not stay the night of the 28th. I only included the nights were would be staying overnight. Thanks for catching that guys.

Ready for GSMTR, but thinking past, is there a hard date for HC?

Nope, not yet. Have one loose end at work that might prevent a June trip, with the other trips I've got going on. Working on getting that nailed down.

June 21-23 or June 28-30 is what looks open to me right now, but I expect one of those to be blocked by the aforementioned loose end.

FYI HC full moon is 16/6 new is 01/7. Big moon is beneficial especially in the mountains.
Just saying

I missed the tide ride but any beach trips coming up I'm in. Carolina Beach is closer for me, I'm 150 mi west of URE.
But I'll go to the Banks if it's going to last a few days.

Nope, not yet. Have one loose end at work that might prevent a June trip, with the other trips I've got going on. Working on getting that nailed down.

June 21-23 or June 28-30 is what looks open to me right now, but I expect one of those to be blocked by the aforementioned loose end.
Apologies for the glare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom