Best Grille/Brush Guard for LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 2013 LC200 and want to put a grille/brush guard on it. I live in Texas and deer are like rodents - all over the place. I came from a truck with a Ranch Hand style cattle guard and want something similar. I can only find grille guard/bumper replacements (ARB style), but I’m not wanting to go that far. Does anyone have a recommendation of the best grille/brush guard for the 200 series? Thanks in advance.

I recently purchased a 2013 LC200 and want to put a grille/brush guard on it. I live in Texas and deer are like rodents - all over the place. I came from a truck with a Ranch Hand style cattle guard and want something similar. I can only find grille guard/bumper replacements (ARB style), but I’m not wanting to go that far. Does anyone have a recommendation of the best grille/brush guard for the 200 series? Thanks in advance.

First...if you need deer protection...you’ll want to avoid referring to it as a brush bar. Brush bars are a thing, but are for...brush. -Not large critter strikes. What you want is a bull-bar, or if in Australia...a roo bar.

Brush bars typically attach to row or recovery points, but bull-bars are far stronger, and attach to the frame, taking the place of the stock bumper.

ARB Deluxe bar, TJM T13 are strong, popular choices. I personally like and use the T13, but it is notoriously difficult to get ahold of due to TJM’s strange production habits that no one fully understands.

Around here where deer strikes are routine, brush/grill guards are called damage multipliers. Hitting a deer will push the guard back into parts way beyond the strike area. Take @Markuson advice and get a bull bar as a frame-attached replacement bumper if your reasoning is to reduce deer damage.

I appreciate the feedback. I’ll take the advice and go with the bull bar in lieu of the grille guard style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom