IH 1964 intl scout 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1964 scout 80 for sale. All original 4x4 / 4 cylinder stock/ pto with all haudralic levers and hoses intact.
Offer $ if interested

Post pictures or a link to pictures. What are the hydraulics for? Snow plow? Earth auger? Water pump? Or???

Post pictures or a link to pictures. What are the hydraulics for? Snow plow? Earth auger? Water pump? Or???
Earth auger and other farm equipment.will get pictures.

3A540C47-24F8-45A2-A4F0-0C1A09BD1245.png

B454E342-A86D-4645-8454-19508006EE8D.png

C543E87B-A275-40CE-93DA-F724EDC57256.jpeg

A02F5E7C-B571-47DA-ACDC-989AC417087D.jpeg

The person who I got it from took off the auger and arm. Someone else was going to buy it with out. I bought it after the person flaked and did not show up. But equipment still available.

7CF3C1A9-A25B-40E3-827F-A177DBDC355C.png

I have a 1964 scout 80 for sale. All original 4x4 / 4 cylinder stock/ pto with all haudralic levers and hoses intact.
Offer $ if interested
If the Scout is still in your possession could you answer a question for me ? I am restoring a 1961 or 62 Scout 80 and it is equipped with a PTO and Hydraulic Pump. There are the normal shift levers for the Transmission and Twin Stick Transfer Case but there is a Fourth lever on the left side of the Transmission plate almost into the Driver's side foot well that actuates a cable which runs under the seat and through the floor. The Scout has a sticker on the Dash plate which says "Pull Left Knob to Engage PTO" and "Pull Right Knob to engage Hydraulic Pump or Auxiliary Gear Drive" is your Scout 80 set up anything like this? If so where is your lever located in your Scout (for the activation of the Power Take OFF) and does your Scout have a directions sticker or these "Left" and "Right" knobs? Any help or input if you could give any would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve seen many Scouts from that ere, none were set up that way. Sounds like it might be the type marketed to farmers, there was a PTO shaft sticking out the back like on a tractor. Follow the cables all the way to see where they go. What do you intend to use it for?

I’ve seen many Scouts from that ere, none were set up that way. Sounds like it might be the type marketed to farmers, there was a PTO shaft sticking out the back like on a tractor. Follow the cables all the way to see where they go. What do you intend to use it for?
Yea the guy who owned it had it setup for farming, the rear bumper actually has a three point hitch on it and hydraulics that go to the front for the snow plough with a tractor style PTO mounted on the back. I know where everything is but I don't know how to engage the PTO since the lever can be moved forwards or backwards and nothing happens. A sticker on the dash says that knobs somewhere in the vehicle engage the PTO and the Hydraulic Pump . I wanted to use the Scout to pull our bush hog since the backfields get too wet for our Tractors to get into and 4x4 is the only thing that can get the job done. The Scout originally had a Corn Harvester on it and the owner also used a few other attachments like a snow blower and a post hole digger which his son sold to me with the Scout. Everything hooks up but I cant get the PTO to engage because I dont know enough about its operation. His son never used the PTO so he doesnt know how it works either and his father passed a few months back and he was the only one who knew how it worked and how the dealer installed the system because he was the Scout's original owner.

When you pull the PTO knob, it won’t necessarily engage. If the teeth aren’t meshed, it’ll only move a little. Let out the clutch and push it back in, and try it again. If it moves a lot more, it should be engaged. Here are the two PTO knobs on my pickup, front and rear winches.

If all else fails, go underneath and move it back and forth manually. Rotate the shaft by hand in each position, to see which way is engaged. Might need to disconnect the cable to move it, cable might even be froze up.

18071D84-36C6-4345-B5F6-396AD408AEE0.jpeg

When you pull the PTO knob, it won’t necessarily engage. If the teeth aren’t meshed, it’ll only move a little. Let out the clutch and push it back in, and try it again. If it moves a lot more, it should be engaged. Here are the two PTO knobs on my pickup, front and rear winches.

If all else fails, go underneath and move it back and forth manually. Rotate the shaft by hand in each position, to see which way is engaged. Might need to disconnect the cable to move it, cable might even be froze up.

View attachment 2294765
Yea I don't have the knows like you do in my Scout, even though that sticker on my dash says pull the knobs there just aren't any. There is only that shifter so I guess that would control the PTO so I just have to figure which way engages or disengages. When I get off of work I will take photos of the PTO setup.

Pulling the cable should engage it, look at all the linkage and determine which way to move the lever to pull the cable. Should be pulling the lever, and that’s how I would expect a factory setup to be. But it could be done either way, depends which side of the lever pivot point the cable is attached to. Does it look like a factory setup?

Pictures of all this would help.

Pulling the cable should engage it, look at all the linkage and determine which way to move the lever to pull the cable. Should be pulling the lever, and that’s how I would expect a factory setup to be. But it could be done either way, depends which side of the lever pivot point the cable is attached to. Does it look like a factory setup?

Pictures of all this would help.
I would assume it is however it was installed at a dealer, when it arrived at the dealer some mechanics put everything on according to the paperwork and the farmer's son. So I would assume they followed factory parameters when setting up the PTO system. The Snow Plough and rear PTO all are marked Fort Wayne, Indiana and the International Harvester symbol is stamped on the parts. The rear bumper was removed and replaced with a bumper with a Jerry can holder and a three point hitch which was also done by the dealer. All the setups I've seen never have the rear bumper replaced and the PTO has a red or black Knob labeled PTO under the dash and a knob for the pump also on the dash.

I saw your post on the other forum too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom