1996 FJ80 - seat bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought 2 caps and 2 gears from gamiviti to fix the back/forward operation of my power seats. I successfully got the passenger seat operating again, but snapped the gear for the driver seat while pressing it onto the shaft. I reassembled the seat for now until a new gear arrives. When re-bolting the seat back to the body, all of the bolts felt much more difficult to fasten. I stupidly rushed through and forced them in. All four driver seat bolts are tight and there isn't any movement, but I'm worried what might happen when I take the bolts and seat back out to fix the seat gear again.

I bought 8 new bolts in case the bolts are damaged ( Part No.: 90119-10605, BOLT, W/WASHER ), but could the holes be damaged too and require re-tapping/threading? The seat is in a comfortable position right now; would you guys recommend I leave things alone for now or push forward? Is re-threading even an option on these holes?

I just got this new ride last week and am new to the forum. I tried to search for stripped bolts, but I haven't seen any other threads (no pun). Thanks in advance.

Could it be the slides are out of sync with each other because of the missing gear and making the seat bolts stiff? Either way it shouldn't be any problem to clean them up with a tap. I've never personally stripped out a Toyota seat bolt and I've done some funky seat conversions (96 Outback seats currently in my 4Runner for example, Integra seats before that). I kind of boogered up one in the 4Runner but just dosed it with antisieze and ran it down with an impact and now it's fine and been out several other times :D

The vinyl carpet fibers make a fantastic loctite when they get stuck in the threads. Unless you move the carpeting out of the way it is bound to get some stuck in there.

Thanks guys, could be a combo of carpet and misalignment. I'll take another stab at the gear, double-check alignment, and use the new bolts this weekend. I'll reply here to update. Hope I haven't eff-ed up the bolt holes.

Hard to explain, but if you don't have proper front/back movement on the power seats they're damn near impossible to re-install. I wouldn't take the seat out until you have all new gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom