Wanted New Aisin Water Pump for Late '66 to '74 F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

76FJ40

Old Fart
SILVER Star
Threads
I've searched everywhere and no one has the Aisin water pump in stock so I'm reaching out to my Mud brothers in desperation. Please let me know if you have one in your spares pile that you can live without until the next shipment comes in at Cruiser Outfitters.

The Aisin Water pump (I'm not even sure Aisin was the OEM for the cast iron pumps) is long NLA ... I got the last one in N. America about 6 years ago from C. Dan and installed it and it leaked from the seal...

The GMB (made in Japan) is an OEM supplier and the best you can currently find. I ordered a GATES pump and it was a smelly (literally, smell of bad machine oil) made in China.

I've searched everywhere and no one has the Aisin water pump in stock so I'm reaching out to my Mud brothers in desperation. Please let me know if you have one in your spares pile that you can live without until the next shipment comes in at Cruiser Outfitters.

I have 1 in-stock for u , NEW GMB w/ Gasket

PM sent

Thanks but I'm holding out for an Aisin.

Good luck.

I don't think the Aisin was even the OEM, I think it was NPW - Nippon Pump Works. Those are also long discontinued.

You *may* be able to get a Toyota OE from Japan, though. I kind of remember trying and getting a lot of NLA emails.... I haven't looked in quite a while.

There may have been some confusion but Price at Cruiser Outfitters told me they had some on order. The arrival date, however, seemed a little fluid.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

@cruiseroutfit

Are you folks actually getting Aisin/Asco brand F-engine water pumps?

There may have been some confusion but Price at Cruiser Outfitters told me they had some on order. The arrival date, however, seemed a little fluid.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Sorry, there must be some confusion there. Our EGW60080 comes out of Japan. They should be here in the next 2-3 weeks but they are not an AISIN unit. I'll make sure Bryce, Chris and Jance (the phone crew) all are aware of both the ETA and the origin.

@cruiseroutfit

Are you folks actually getting Aisin/Asco brand F-engine water pumps?

No, all of our AISIN units are marked as such on the website fwiw. Everything but the EGW60080, EGW60012 & EGW47011 (all from Japan but not AISIN) are either OEM or AISIN. Hope that clears things up!

Thanks for clarifying; likely my error.

Thanks for clarifying; likely my error.

Could be ours too :D 97% of our water pump sales are AISIN so those few early ones and the one diesel rotor one don't get a ton of attention :D

You *may* be able to get a Toyota OE from Japan, though. I kind of remember trying and getting a lot of NLA emails.... I haven't looked in quite a while.

They are long gone. We sold our last one in the fall of 2013 and that was one that we had ordered from Japan. They died in the US in the spring of 2013. RIP

I got all excited for nothing! :rolleyes::redface:

They are long gone. We sold our last one in the fall of 2013 and that was one that we had ordered from Japan. They died in the US in the spring of 2013. RIP

Hi Kurt ,

Would it be fair to say , that AISIN only ever produced Aluminum Water Pumps for TOYOTA Factory installation @ Plant A11 ,

and Never Produced or made a Cast Iron Type from Pre - 12/74 F Engine ?

:rolleyes:

I'd have to so some digging on the F variant but AISIN does do some cast iron housing pumps in diesel applications, for example the WPT-039

There is an Aisin/Asco catalog number for those early pumps but never seen one offered anywhere..

I Learn Something New Every Day here on MUD , and that was today's " Prize of Knowledge .................."

thanks Kurt

Aisin-Seiki-logo-300x90.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom