RTIC coolers 20% off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to my knowledge, but just got a smoking deal on a soft side rtic. Check them out!

Any currently active deals on good roto molded coolers?

A sale just ended a week or so ago, wait around and check the RTIC website. Most likely Memorial Day weekend will have 20% off.

The WILL go on sale, just be patient.

A sale just ended a week or so ago, wait around and check the RTIC website. Most likely Memorial Day weekend will have 20% off.

The WILL go on sale, just be patient.

End of may might be pushing things. Sold my ARB fridge a month ago and have no cooler right now.

Just realized that they are still being shown for 20% off at RTIC website: Shop RTIC 65 - Tan

Very tempting to order one right now. Trying to decide between the RTIC and the Engel Coolers 65, which is about $50 more, but with slightly better insulation.

Ordered the RTIC 65 + basket & divider from Amazon. Same "20% off price." Not sure whether it's really a 20% off or just marketing, but whatever.

Last edited:
Now 35% off....http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=00127bQChBlkQkT1e2ELuZDHbHzHoo5pumpmZ9jbHCk-Jxje5osazFp_jwNlgEuX9TN3sWO7OWbHgzUQjrEtJNgXm8cPn5780riaNgolV9LADmLGYpKC8Lz0H1c_LlLg_rFhsTB-dxWe74TkGN102B-AiG5aspneSzFJhJ7vCmmYZvHG5pBP_HbzOl7b8hi5aYNtxhyYL7IDz0Zx8NCesnqhg==&c=VdTBc0zpA3fjc3-mbOF9VveijdEaEDAdBHq4H1iuEJAizUSKrzedRQ==&ch=np1E9x9Z_3EpKdX7BbYdic-_W3IDaFJUCmNrNhHCXN0dHbW1weB33w==

Link looks broken

2 20 lbs. bags of ice added Sunday afternoon. Trip to Zion with kids grabbing stuff out of it constantly and dad grabbing beer out of it somewhat constantly...still frozen Thursday afternoon. Good enough for the girls I go with...
20190328_142128.jpg

I have a 50 qt Yeti & I think it’s overrated. It’s heavy and doesn’t keep ice as long as I expected. Last trip, 20lbs bag of cubes. Daytime highs in the low 80’s. Nighttime lows in the high 40’s. Ice was completely gone on day 3.

A buddy had a 50 qt Yeti & Pelican on Rubithon last year. The Pelican held ice almost 2x as long as the Yeti. Pelican also has much nicer handles and latches.

Ordered the backpack model for 35% off. I have the Pelican 95qt which is huge. Love the latches and handles much better than my brother's Yeti. I use it on the boat or week long Scout camps. It mostly is in storage with the boat as I have a 65 qt Norcold in the truck and a 45qt Norcold for spare capacity. The backpack model with fill a gap in my arsenal.

They pop up at costco every so often, its almost summer time so I would bet they bring some more in.
Aloha,
Hapa

If you follow them on Facebook it seems something is always on sale.

I’ve got 65 & 145 model coolers. Don’t use them much as I have a fridge. I picked them up for hunting mainly. They have worked as advertised for my needs. I was patient and got both on deep discounts. Like 40 & 50% sales.

I’d buy an Rtic over a Yeti any day. I have some of their tumbler stuff too. All very good for the price.

I am considering a switch to an Rtic, from the marine coleman ice chests. I am able to get a good 5-6 days of ice out of a 100 qt cheapo coleman with careful planning and temps not over 100 outside the car. I get about 8-10 years of usage out of them. Is spending like 200-250 dollars more for an rtic110 worth it?

Last edited:
I am considering a switch to an Rtic, from the marine coleman ice chests. I am able to get a good 5-6 days of ice out of a 100 qt cheapo coleman with careful planning and temps not over 100 outside the car. I get about 8-10 years of usage out of them. Is spending like 200-250 dollars more for an rtic110 worth it?

If an ice re-supply is easy to source where you go, probably not. If an extra 48 hours of cool makes a difference like on a river trip then yes. What is definitely worth it IMHO, 12v fridge. Then all coolers look foolish. I got my Rtic’s only for times I don’t want to use the fridge or it’s simply not large enough.

I had the big Costco Igloo cooler, which was $100 or $150 if I remember correctly. My 115 qt RTIC definitively holds ice better...$200 more dollars better, I'm not sure if it's worth it to you. I'm never installing a fridge so I guess it's worth it to me. I use it to keep everything cold and doubles as an emergency water supply should I need it in the Southwest desert. It'll take me weeks to die of dehydration with this thing! :skull:

If an ice re-supply is easy to source where you go, probably not. If an extra 48 hours of cool makes a difference like on a river trip then yes. What is definitely worth it IMHO, 12v fridge. Then all coolers look foolish. I got my Rtic’s only for times I don’t want to use the fridge or it’s simply not large enough.

If I can squeeze a week out of a 110 Rtic, versus have to go to a 150 coleman/igloo (for the added 50 quarts of ice lol) I would likely do it. I don't drink beer anymore, so that is quite a reduction in ice chest capacity lol. I am not at the stage of getting a 12v fridge due entirely to the expense.

Just for arguments sake. This appears to be the exact same fridge as what some Overland companies sell rebranded under different labels. Amazon product ASIN B07CG4Q1YJ
Neighbor of mine got one of these a couple months ago. So no long term report yet. But if it’s the same internally as the one in my wife’s car that looks the same on the exterior then I’d say it’s a great deal. I’m excluding the brand name on purpose as I’m not going to state “X” amazon unit is indentical as “Y” brand name without knowing for sure. But as both originated in China I’m going to wager they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom