Help UZJ100 / LX470, cabin filter won't fit in (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone have the same problem with me fitting in the Cabin Filter?

i just bought 2000 UZJ100/LX470, as i clean the Evaporator and to replace the Cabin Filter (88568-60010)
as i try to fit in the New Cabin Filter, it only goes half-way.

attach is the picture of the old filter (modified), and the inner picture for the Filter slot.

trying to find the solution for the filter, have asked around workshops, but they couldn't solve it.

any advice will be appreciated.

thanks

20190501_131754.jpg

20190501_131801.jpg

20190501_131823.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what you have removed but its different from the OEM filter. The part number you posted is correct, two are required and stacked on top of each other.

Not sure what you have removed but its different from the OEM filter. The part number you posted is correct, two are required and stacked on top of each other.

the old Filter is different from the OEM Filter. i guess the previous owner, also got confuse for the filter.

the OEM Filter with that part number, only go halfway inside.
i can't find any replacement for the filter.

the old Filter is different from the OEM Filter. i guess the previous owner, also got confuse for the filter.

the OEM Filter with that part number, only go halfway inside.
i can't find any replacement for the filter.
Sorry guy- its pretty straight forward. The filter slides into the slot and drops down, then you slide the other in on top, snap the door closed. If you cannot insert the filter all the way into the slot, something is blocking it. Remove the face plate to access the evaporator core entirely and remove what ever is in tue way.

Looks like the paper filters pulled out and the frame that holds the filters is still in the slot.

already bought this filter (88568-60010) and try to fit in, but it only goes Half way.

Sorry guy- its pretty straight forward. The filter slides into the slot and drops down, then you slide the other in on top, snap the door closed. If you cannot insert the filter all the way into the slot, something is blocking it. Remove the face plate to access the evaporator core entirely and remove what ever is in tue way.
Buck, i already did, my first tought was, something is blocking, but after i checked inside, nothing blocked the way.
its look like the filter reach the end of the housing.

i attach some pictures of it.

20190504_103547.jpg
20190504_103557.jpg
20190504_104002.jpg

Looks like the paper filters pulled out and the frame that holds the filters is still in the slot.
i don't think the paper filter is the original filter.

The top filter looks like a 200 cabin filter, not a 100.
200 cabin filter is bigger than the paper filter above.

I changed mine last month with Denso units. I don’t think the filter was ever changed.
Took a few pics maybe that will help.

Question for all that have completed this for an lc, is it a worth while upgrade? I’m trying to knock out some worthy half banana jobs.

Question for all that have completed this for an lc, is it a worth while upgrade? I’m trying to knock out some worthy half banana jobs.
It’s relatively inexpensive, easy to change, and keeps weird odors, dust, pollen and other contaminants down inside of the LC where you breathe. I say the answer is a yes.

Op, your layout doesn't seem to match the layout seen in mudbutt's pictures. Mind posting a picture with a wider view of the glovebox area?

it is worth it.

Op, your layout doesn't seem to match the layout seen in mudbutt's pictures. Mind posting a picture with a wider view of the glovebox area?
mine is RHD Lc.
but i notice, the marking on the cover is different, mine is "A", while on mudbutt's picture is an "E"
does it make any difference?
20190504_104002 10.11.27.jpg

OP, can you back up the camera and take some photos of the complete area under your glovebox?

Yes, I have a 2003 and it was well worth it. The car smelled like dirty socks and had a compost pile growing from 13 years of leaves, etc. at the bottom when I removed the face plate. Vacuumed all of the dirt and flushed it with a garden hose sprayer and then used the Toyota foam evaporator cleaner you shoot up from the evaporator drain hose that comes through the firewall from the engine bay. No more dirty socks or locker room smell since.

already bought this filter (88568-60010) and try to fit in, but it only goes Half way.

Buck, i already did, my first tought was, something is blocking, but after i checked inside, nothing blocked the way.
its look like the filter reach the end of the housing.

i attach some pictures of it.

View attachment 1970457View attachment 1970458View attachment 1970459

i don't think the paper filter is the original filter.

200 cabin filter is bigger than the paper filter above.
Strange. Your slot looks like there's something blocking it halfway. See pic, the circled area does not look very factory to me. Could it be somebody jammed something in there and then put in those paper filters that you took out?

filter.jpg

This is what it should look like:

image-105731804 (1).jpg

Just for reference, here’s a pic of the area

OP, can you back up the camera and take some photos of the complete area under your glovebox?
i will post the pictures soon.

Strange. Your slot looks like there's something blocking it halfway. See pic, the circled area does not look very factory to me. Could it be somebody jammed something in there and then put in those paper filters that you took out?

View attachment 1971233

This is what it should look like:

View attachment 1971244
i did push and pull the end of it, as i'm curios wether it is stuck or something, but its look like they made like that.

View attachment 1971301
Just for reference, here’s a pic of the area
i'm curios is that label "E" and "A" make the difference?

i try to fit in the New Cabin Filter, it only goes half-way

Just found this thread mate and wanted to confirm that my '99 LX (Aussie delivered) is the same as yours. Small little filter area that won't fit the part. I asked Lexus what the cabin filter part was and they said there isn't one for this vehicle. I confirmed with one of the technicians that not all vehicles have space for filters and depends on the model and year. I think your previous owner had the right idea to jam in aftermarket filters, I'm just trying to find some now that will be the right size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom