Real Time Help - FJ60 Knoxville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey yall. Anyone have a spare 5.29 pumpkin in knoxville or know of a cruiser shop in Knoxville area that can rebuild my rear diff? I need to be in VA by the 10th and grenaded my rear pinion. I gotta be there the 12th at the latest and have to get this fixed ASAP.

Short answer...no shops in Knoxville I have ever used. TPI 4x4 is down the road about 2.5hrs so maybe an option if parts are needed.

Long answer, i can check my spare 40 3rd member, if its complete and will get you home its an option (think i even have two decent shape gaskets). Yes, not same ratio and would introduce rework but if in a bind i would consider as axle splines, etc... are all the same. Only other difference may be bolt pattern on pinion flange. Don't remember if 3rd i have is from a 3spd or 4spd 40.

Undesirable option but i have had to drive on a front end before when i destroyed a rear end several years ago (broke pinion gear in half). Guess depends how far into Virginia you are headed.

Send me a PM if interested in taking a look.

Nik

Short answer...no shops in Knoxville I have ever used. TPI 4x4 is down the road about 2.5hrs so maybe an option if parts are needed.

Long answer, i can check my spare 40 3rd member, if its complete and will get you home its an option (think i even have two decent shape gaskets). Yes, not same ratio and would introduce rework but if in a bind i would consider as axle splines, etc... are all the same. Only other difference may be bolt pattern on pinion flange. Don't remember if 3rd i have is from a 3spd or 4spd 40.

Undesirable option but i have had to drive on a front end before when i destroyed a rear end several years ago (broke pinion gear in half). Guess depends how far into Virginia you are headed.

Send me a PM if interested in taking a look.

Nik

Nik thanks for the offer! I may have found some parts to fit about 6 miles from me in Pigeon Forge. If they dont work out Ill shoot you a message. Much appreciated!

Nik thanks for the offer! I may have found some parts to fit about 6 miles from me in Pigeon Forge. If they dont work out Ill shoot you a message. Much appreciated!
Do you know how the rear pinion ended up grenading?

Do you know how the rear pinion ended up grenading?

Not a clue. It was the lower pinion bearing that ate itsself. The upper bearing and stake nut were still fine and set in place. Plenty of fluid as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom