Pin-7 Mod Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've watched the YouTube video, read a few threads and followed the Slee directions and installed the CDL switch in the dash. I also got into the kick panel and and located the the proper wire for the Pin-7 Mod. That is where I found a hitch ... the black wire with the red stripe (Pin-6) was already cut. I cut the black wire with the blue stripe then and buttoned everything back up. The truck was down for a head gasket repair, so I couldn't test immediately, but now it's running again and I have no CDL at all. It doesn't work with the switch and the light doesn't come on at startup either.

Can one of the wiring gurus point me in the right direction on what may be wrong or how to repair please?

The black box is what I removed the harness from
20190420_135145[1].jpg

Here you can see the Pin-6 wire is cut. I have no idea what this wire controls. I do know that my truck's ABS has been disabled by the PO, but do not know how. Based on his other "fixes", if he could do it by cutting a wire he would.
20190420_140815[1].jpg

I cut the black wire with the blue stripe. No idea why this isn't working now :meh:
20190420_140342[1].jpg

You need to hook that other wire up and it should solve your problem

What year/model? The '96 LX, EWD shows pin 6 as vacant, the related diagram makes no mention of a black/red wire. Not uncommon to have wires that are used in other markets in place, but undocumented and not used.

97 Toyota. I will try to jump the other wire and see if that solves things and check back in. Thanks guys.

Yes. It worked as normal and engaged when put in low range. The red wire was already cut when I went looking for the proper wire to cut and doesn't seem like it was back together at all.

Jumped the black wire with the red stripe today and no luck on the CDL switch working. It did make an odd clicking sound, so I turned things off and disconnected it right away. I also checked the connections at the trans and tx case and all seemed plugged in properly.

Went ahead and made an appt at the dealership for Weds. Will report what they find.

You need to hook that other wire up and it should solve your problem

This was the correct answer btw .... $152 later from the dealership. I really need to up my electrical game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom