Wanted Dallas tx. Throttle linkage for 1966 /40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! I just received a nos Asian carb from a mud member. In preparation for this (see pic below)I bought the gas pedal for my 19 66/ 40. Now I am looking for the rest of the linkage to the carburetor. Please let me know if you can help me out, or have a lead. Thanks
3D48B40E-CE0C-40AA-B9E7-0766FC8A1512.png

Last edited:
do you have the linkage piece between the gas pedal rod and the plate next to the nut on the horizontal rod?

No, all I have is the carb and the gas pedal

Well that’s not true, I also have the gas pedal that operated the after market carburetor I took off. That pedal used cable to operate the carburetor

Last edited:

Well that’s not true, I also have the gas pedal that operated the after market carburetor I took off. That pedal used cable to operate the carburetor

does these help anyone ?

DSCN9992.JPG

so the pic in the first post, is that what you have currently?

so the pic in the first post, is that what you have currently?

My 2 parts Above are FREE to either @Billsboat or @3_puppies , whom ever needs them and can use them :)

just cover basic shipping .......................

Thanks ragingmatt. Very kind of you! The problem is I really don’t know what all I need. Maybe someone can chime in, and school me.

I know I posted a set in the classifieds, but Ill be darned if I can find it right now.

Maybe one of the super-sleuths can help me find it. ;)

I have this assembly for $100 plus the ride from Burbank.
39205DA0-B737-4E02-AA15-D1CD15858CD0.jpeg

Thanks for responding! Do u have any details? Year, what it came off of, etc? It looks close to the exploded view I’ve seen, but given I’ve never seen what it looks like in person I need to ask the questions. Again, thanks!

It came in a bulk purchase of a pickup bed full of F135 parts, many of which were sold on here last year. I don’t remember the customer’s vehicle specifically. I do remember it was a five fuse fuseblock. But I think all the pre ‘67 were, so that’s not much help.

So after studying your picture and the exploded view picture, I’m pretty sure what you have Is not the setup i need. Darn! Thanks for posting.

I'm confused, the linkage that Mark has is the rest of the linkage that goes with the pedal in the first post.
you stated that you have a non Aisin carb.
kinda hard to know what linkage you want or will work for you,

maybe a pic of the carb?

I'm confused, the linkage that Mark has is the rest of the linkage that goes with the pedal in the first post.
you stated that you have a non Aisin carb.
kinda hard to know what linkage you want or will work for you,

maybe a pic of the carb?
Thanks for your post 3puppies! So in post 9 Matt posted two exploded views of throttle linkage. From my eye they are two different setups, with different bends and curves in the rods. The picture in post 12 looks to me like the setup in the bottom picture in post 9 ( the exploded view). That setup will not work with the gas pedal I have. In fact the top exploded view picture shows the exact gas pedal I have. The gas pedal I have came off of a 1966/40, witch is what I have. I am ready to be schooled on this, as I’ve never seen any of this linkage in person. I just don’t want to buy linkage I’d have no use for.

Also to be clear, what I had on was an aftermarket carb, and I’m going back to an nos Aisin

Thanks for your help on this.

bill
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom