Builds Mid Life Adventure 2010 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

raincityrider

Go'n Fast and Take'n Chances Since the 70's
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey Folks, This is my first truck build so I apologize in advance for the silly questions I will be asking.

My plane is the buy or build a trailer so I can take the wife and spawn out for adventures.
I started by adding some much needed storage to the cargo bay.

Waiting for more toy to get this rig ready
Wheels & Tire
Roof Rack

Oh, I picked up this 2010 LX570 with just under 33K on it. Can't wait to get it dirty! No cool box though, not stock in 2010 :confused:

Congrats! Looks like you're well on your way to modding already.

33k for a LX570 is just stupid good value! Nothing else can touch that kind of quality or substance. I trust that she'll deliver on the promise of a satisfying ownership.

I think you'll find over time that not having that cool box is actually a great thing. Really opens up the storage available in the front row.

Yeah I'm stoked on this rig! I feel like I found a bit of a Unicorn.

I think the storage will be nice in the log run, these trucks ar lacking in storage, but a nice cold soda or sparkling water on call would be nice at times. Yes I said sparkling water don't hold it against me.

#unicorn

Oh, I picked up this 2010 LX570 with just under 33K on it. Can't wait to get it dirty! No cool box though, not stock in 2010 :confused:
That’s awesome! My 2010 had 50k when I bought it last August. I thought that was a unicorn. Welcome to the club.
Mine did come with a cool box. I wasn’t aware there were options. Maybe this and radar cruise were the only ones.

Hey Folks, This is my first truck build so I apologize in advance for the silly questions I will be asking.View attachment 1962224
My plane is the buy or build a trailer so I can take the wife and spawn out for adventures.
I started by adding some much needed storage to the cargo bay.
View attachment 1962225
Waiting for more toy to get this rig ready
Wheels & Tire
Roof Rack

How do you like the Dobinsons drawers? I have been eyeing them for a while as the construction seems nearly identical to the ARBs at a decent savings.

I found a chart that showed standard equipment by year and 2010 was a year that the cool box wasn't standard.

How do you like the Dobinsons drawers? I have been eyeing them for a while as the construction seems nearly identical to the ARBs at a decent savings.
I like them! And Dobinson was really nice and easy to work with.
I need to fiddle a little with the fitment. The side compartment doors are a bit tight. I just haven't taken the time. It was a pretty straightforward install. Took a few hours so plan on that. I had to drill 4 new holes to get one of the mounting brackets in the right spot, seems to be the norm as it is in the instructions. They send you a bunch of thick washers to level the box with the floor. I used all of them and then some. So if you don't have some or live near a hardware store get them before you start. Get a 90 deg drill or adapter. Also they weigh 250lbs so have a friend to help you get them in.

I was looking at the ARB too but it was hard to figure out the cost. I like that Dobinson has kits ready to go.

Congratz! I think we have the same color, though mine is a 2009. Mind sharing where you bought your LX?

Found it on CL in Portland, OR

Yours looks like the gray. Mine is Silver.

I was looking at the ARB too but it was hard to figure out the cost. I like that Dobinson has kits ready to go.
who did you order the drawers through?

Strait through the Dobinson website. Mike @ Dobinson is super cool and helpful. Have you romoved the 3rd row yet?
Here is the LINK

So I got my FrontRunner rack yesterday. I started removing the stock rack and I noticed the passenger rear side rail area had scuff marks. I am assuming the PO went into a garage or something that was too low. Unfortunately when I got to literally the last bolt it is spun.🤬 I don't have my dremel or angle grinder because they are at my Moms helping her with a small bath remodel. I thought maybe i could use leverage to get the weld to grab just enough to pull the bolt out. But it didn't work and I created a nice little dent. 🤬 I didn't want to give up I hate not getting a part of a project done.

Now i will have to figure out how to seal the hole. I figure one bolt missing won't be a huge deal but I don't want water getting in the hole. I don't want to remove the headliner.

Well onward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom