SOLD 1990 HZJ77 in SC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mileage: 111,131 kms
Asking Price: $37,000

This Cruiser is fairly well documented through @Gun Runner 5 build thread….

P4271503.JPG

This Cruiser was built in 07/1990 in ZX trim and fairly heavily optioned
  • Power Windows and locks
  • PTO winch
  • Electric lockers
  • AC
  • Suspension seats
  • Sunroof
  • Interior and exterior temp gauge
  • And I am sure more I am not thinking of ….
Once it was legal for importation into the US, it was one of the first HZJ77s that Steve and Land Cruisers Direct imported. Here is what it looked like on his website … Land Cruisers Direct - 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ77 ZX #1176

@Gun Runner 5 purchased it and delivered it to Odd Iron Off Road where Rob left no stone unturned. It exited Odd Iron with ….
  • 25 years of parking dings repaired and a fresh paint job
  • Garrett ball bearing turbo and air to water intercooler
  • Rebuild and tune injector pump and injectors for increased power
  • Custom stainless exaust
  • New aluminum radiator
  • Rebuilt starter
  • Snorkel
  • VDO gauges for EGT, Boost, Trans Temp, Water Temp
  • Auxiliary trans cooler
  • ARB bumper modified to accept factory PTO winch
  • Custom rear bumper
  • Refinish factory running boards
  • Custom roof rack with limb risers
  • Custom Transmission and transfer case skid plate
  • Terrain Tamer Lift
  • 33x10.5R15 Toyo MTs (5)
  • Build custom rear speaker pods
  • Full interior LED conversion
  • Truck-Lite LED headlamps
  • Odd Iron Offroad LED convesions for parking lights and turn signals.
  • Fog lights, roof rack lights, 7” round LED spots, curved LED bar on roof rack, rear work lights on roof rack and recessed into rear bumper
  • Underhood LED lighting
  • Backup camera
  • ARB Awning
  • High lift jack on roof rack
  • Powertank CO2 system
Since buying this truck from @Gun Runner 5, I have mostly maintained it and enjoyed it. The following have been added in my ownership:
  • New batteries (NAPA Platinum)
  • AVM manual locking hubs to replace the electric ones that have proven unreliable (the originals will come with the truck for pureists)
  • New front brakes
  • Tropical spec fan clutch
  • OE Tool Kit
Also coming with the unit but not yet installed are:
  • 170F thermostat and gaskets (the fan clutch made me feel better about operating temps so I have not yet replaced the thermostat).
  • Radd Cruisers Electric Locking hub adapter kit
  • Pair of brand new Aisin locking hubs
  • @c2dfj45 Hood lift struts
There are several spares coming with the truck and I will get a full inventory. Among the spares are:
  • Power window switches – I had one go bad and bought a total of three since they are getting rare … these are new Toyota switches
  • Toyota oil filters (think I have 4 left)
  • Spare 24V starter. This is a good used starter (has not been rebuilt)
  • Front and Rear brake pads sourced from Cruiser Outfitters
  • Brake pad hardware kits – pins and springs (new OEM)
  • Seat covers
This truck is road ready. I have not been driving it much because I truly love it and if I keep driving it, I won’t sell it …. But I find myself in a position where it has to go. I would have no worries about driving it cross country tomorrow – though I would probably do a quick oil change and chassis lube before such a long road trip.

You will note that the pictures are recent. The truck will receive a full professional detail in a week and a half. The last truck I had this company do looked nicer than showroom new when they were finished with it.

Pricing … I have priced it at what I believe is a fair price. I know that everyone has an opinion on price and it is likely that my opinion may be different from yours. Know this, the truck is seriously for sale and if you are serious about adding a 77 to your personal stable of rigs, let’s talk. Be forwarned that if your opinion of value if $5,000, our conversation will not be long or fruitful 😊.

If you have any interest, shoot me a message. Understand that I will be out of the country or the first week of May and my ability to reply will be limited until I am back in the States …

Now for pics ...

Last edited:
Moar pics

A few more ...

Engine compartment pics are a little washed out ... I'll have to get a few more

P4271469.JPG
P4271470.JPG
P4271473.JPG
P4271475.JPG
P4271476.JPG

Butt in all you want Charles. You and Rob did the heavy lifting to get this truck to where it is today.
You're almost correct. Rob did the heavy lifting, I wrote checks. :)

Butt in all you want Charles. You and Rob did the heavy lifting to get this truck to where it is today.
You're almost correct. Rob did the heavy lifting, I wrote checks. :)

What is the purpose of the left and right cable lines from the top rack to the front bumper? Just curious.

It is a nice truck and worth the asking price with all those mods, IMHO.

Those are limb risers. As you drive through the woods or on overgrown trails, they guide limbs up and over the vehicle.

Thank you for the kind comments ...

What is the purpose of the left and right cable lines from the top rack to the front bumper? Just curious.

It is a nice truck and worth the asking price with all those mods, IMHO.
Also discourages low flying birds. :)

Bump ... I'm back in country. Truck goes to detailer on Thursday ...

Update to Pending Receipt of Funds ....

Last edited:
It will be an extraordinarily sad day for me when it drives off without me behind the wheel ....

It will be an extraordinarily sad day for me when it drives off without me behind the wheel ....
... but it also creates the opportunity to own another one at some point in the future. :)

That is an amazing rig. And I finally learned what those cables were for! Limb risers! duh.

She's off to a new home in East Texas. Anyone who is along I-85 and I-20 today may see her rolling along with her new owner ....

:frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom