UTE / Chopped / Flatbed thoughts... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s just curing off the frame rails after the spare tire holder.
I’ll post up some pictures when I get home.
Any pics of the mini truck?

Sorry I’ve been out of town now packing for RR.

Deleted. Wrong thread

Last edited:
I built the "white trash" that Chris youngs owns. I used a rolled locked 80 and it was cool. I definitely would NOT do it again, though. I'd use some kind of pickup and go from there. It was a pain in the ass.

It started here:
IMG_0391.jpg

Went to here:
FrontFenderChop.jpg

And ended up here when I sold it to Chris.

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2544.JPG

I built the "white trash" that Chris youngs owns. I used a rolled locked 80 and it was cool. I definitely would NOT do it again, though. I'd use some kind of pickup and go from there. It was a pain in the ass.

It started here:
View attachment 1967518

Went to here:
View attachment 1967519

And ended up here when I sold it to Chris.

View attachment 1967520
View attachment 1967521
I loved seeing that truck on the club's unofficial Valentines day ride. It looks freaking amazing. Great job! I really love the look of these flatbed/tube frame pickups. 80 or taco or whatever... I really love the ones with leaf springs so I may go that route eventually in the next year or two. Wife laughed at me and told me to get "one of those cute land cruisers"-- "You mean a 40?" - "Yeah- that one"... so I may go that route in the next year or so but help me god I will also build a tube frame thing... I need to learn to weld in any case for some sculpture work I want to do... tube frame flatbed sounds like good practice... and I really want to drive one around arlington and dc as a grocery getter between off road trips just to scare my condo neighbors...

I loved seeing that truck on the club's unofficial Valentines day ride. It looks freaking amazing. Great job! I really love the look of these flatbed/tube frame pickups. 80 or taco or whatever... I really love the ones with leaf springs so I may go that route eventually in the next year or two. Wife laughed at me and told me to get "one of those cute land cruisers"-- "You mean a 40?" - "Yeah- that one"... so I may go that route in the next year or so but help me god I will also build a tube frame thing... I need to learn to weld in any case for some sculpture work I want to do... tube frame flatbed sounds like good practice... and I really want to drive one around arlington and dc as a grocery getter between off road trips just to scare my condo neighbors...

The other option is to buy one already built. They have typically been wheeled so you can get them for cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom