Carolina Relic Run 2019 - April 25-28 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah - unfortunately you do. There's some big and heavy prizes - we need people to take them with them at the event. Feel free to find a proxy though - one that you trust :)
I will find someone. Thank you and GREAT JOB!

Obviously, there can be no proxies for the Driver Raffle. Registrant must be on site AND have the Relic vehicle with them. Pretty clear rules on that one!
This is for the general raffle.

Although it's going to be a pain, we definitely want everyone to be happy. If you'd like to make a change like this one we can accommodate - go ahead and send me the details of what you want to change, your email address and name/address (so we can keep track) in a PM and make the additional payments necessary through the club site as single raffle tickets. In your case you would buy 10 more single tickets for $1 a piece, and we'll make the adjustment in the spreadsheet and make sure the 100 tickets are in your driver packet..

That said, please don't ask for changes that result in LESS money for the event - I understand and appreciate any frustration, but we're definitely doing this to raise more money. Next year we will offer these options from the beginning, it's just something we've put together based on a lot of "I'd like to come, but I can't spend the whole weekend" or "I'm just coming in my regular car, can I just come and see for free".... The answer used to be yes, for free. Now, this jerk event coordinator is trying to make the events profitable for charity, he's even talking about growing the event and making it a TLCA sanctioned event with plans to include more big sponsors.... that jerk.

:)

Thank you Sir. It definitely won't be for less money. I apologize if I came of negatively, as that wasn't my intention. I appreciate your hard work.

Last edited:
Yep. Sorry, Andrew, I wasn’t singling you out. Just wanted to get that point out there.
no worries, no offense taken, let me know if the general one is an issue and ill plead ignorance and old man get confused which ones are his vs mine :)

Hey ya'll! I'm not going to be able to make the event for more than Saturday - wanted to know if I could see the lineup down at the training center? Happy to pay anything to enter and see the cool old Cruisers, just won't be official or part of the raffle.

You should stay and be part of the raffle and dinner. Day pass is now available.

Yeah, the FNG is doing well.
Hahaha. I shall wear that badge with pride. Be sure to thank Stacy for her hard work and helping keep this event moving, Eric and the rest of the BOD for leading the charge.I’m not even able to be there till Saturday afternoon!

Next year we’ll knock it out of the park and get started on sponsorships earlier than 1 month out. :) And since it’s an even year i don’t have the kids for spring break - so I’ll be there the whole time.

Hope you guys have fun! I’ll see you all Saturday after lunch.

Not sure if someone has mentioned it before but this is the same weekend as the Land Rover Uwharrie Safari.

So please keep an eye out for oil slicks and broken down vehicles. Be safe out there.

Yeah - they'll be the ones with the inferior looking swag on. Let them know I can help - I don't discriminate.... well, Jeeps are probably the exception :)

Will there be a pit at Relic Run for broken down vehicles? We can practice on the rovers.

Crap! The weak link in my chain which would allow me to go to the CRR has finally broken. I'm out. Well, there is always next year. Just need to find a kind soul to look after the raffle tickets I purchased.

Not looking like I'll be able to make it in the 80 sadly. Front diff is leaking pretty bad and I don't have the knowledge to diagnose and fix by Friday. Hopefully I'll be up there in another vehicle and can catch a ride with someone on the trails

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure after this weekend someone in Charlotte might be willing to stand in your driveway staring at it, drinking all your beer.... I mean help.

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure after this weekend someone in Charlotte might be willing to stand in your driveway staring at it, drinking all your beer.... I mean help.
I don't think he's of drinking age @fordoford. The problem is likely the pinion seal and the seal may have gone bad because of a bad pinion bearing. If it's just the seal, it is a cake job. If the bearing is bad, it becomes a ton of greasy grunt work and you will probably need to take it to a shop. Get under the truck and try to wiggle the front driveshaft where it attaches to the front differential. Wiggle up and down and side to side. Don't be gentle. You may need to disconnect the driveshaft at the front diff to get a good feel for whether there is excessive play. If it's tight and if you have not been hearing anything unusual going on up there, you might get by with just a new pinion seal. Take some pics and/or vids and upload to the Wrenching Thread and folks may be able to help diagnose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom