Maintenance Plan 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know a good dealer that sells the maintenance plans at a reasonable price? I know with Audi’s sometimes certain dealers would have good deals for theses plans.

Or is it not worth it?

There's a discussion of the maintenance plan in this extended warranty thread. Different topics, but same thread.

Whether it's worth to you is up to you. For me, it was "meh"; not excited about it but maybe ok. I decided to get one because I plan to take my truck to Toyota every 5000 miles just so the maintenance is on the official record. When I totaled up all the individual visits, it came to about the same as the plan I bought. By pre-paying I saved the cost of individual visit price increases and reduced my hassles at the dealer because with the plan, they only do what Toyota has in the owner's manual and skip the upsell. The downsides is I really don't like my local dealer (understatement), so I have to take the truck to one an hour away. It's also very strange for me to have the dealer doing the basics because I've been wrenching on my own for almost 50 years. But, for some odd reason, when folks are buying these beasts, they always look for that dealer service every 5000 miles.

I bought mine from Jennifer Taylor at Wolverine Toyota here in Michigan. She's in the thread above and has good prices. jtaylor@gowolverinetoyota.com

It is possible to add your own service to the records stored by toyota per VIN. To some buyers it still wouldn't be the same as dealer maintenance but at least it can show you were diligent about the schedule.

I use an independent shop. I trust them, they don’t upsell, and they are a lot cheaper than the dealer.

Oh, and for those in the know... the dealer is far from the best option. Many of us with dealer-service-only 200s have broken recirc flap doors, for instance.

I decided a while ago that even if a dealer offered free service with a vehicle purchase I wouldn't be using it. They most likely won't do things to my standard and personally I'll take the wallet hit to know it was done right.

It is possible to add your own service to the records stored by toyota per VIN. To some buyers it still wouldn't be the same as dealer maintenance but at least it can show you were diligent about the schedule.

How to you add your service to the VIN records?

I'm not sure how it works for Lexus, but for Landcruisers go to: Welcome to Toyota Owners

set up an account. Enter the vehicle VIN.

When viewing that vehicle, go to the My Vehicle tab, then select Service History.
You'll see all the dealer service here.. then you can select Add A Record to put your service in. It'll be noted "self reported" vs "dealer" for Service Type, but either for your records or if you go to sell the vehicle, like I said it shows diligence.

Personally I like using a spreadsheet in google drive for tracking my service history for my purposes.. but this has benefits as well.

Thanks !

Quick update.. Jen couldn't add anything but suggested I reach out to my original service department. However I will likely just do the work on my own.... seems I should get to know the LC as much as my Jeep Comanche!

Quick update.. Jen couldn't add anything but suggested I reach out to my original service department. However I will likely just do the work on my own.... seems I should get to know the LC as much as my Jeep Comanche!

You'll probably end up with less broken oil filter housings, less missing skid plate bolts, less broken recirc doors..

i was able to add the records .. there is a greyed box says add record and click it on the upper left.

I'm not sure how it works for Lexus, but for Landcruisers go to: Welcome to Toyota Owners

set up an account. Enter the vehicle VIN.

When viewing that vehicle, go to the My Vehicle tab, then select Service History.
You'll see all the dealer service here.. then you can select Add A Record to put your service in. It'll be noted "self reported" vs "dealer" for Service Type, but either for your records or if you go to sell the vehicle, like I said it shows diligence.

Personally I like using a spreadsheet in google drive for tracking my service history for my purposes.. but this has benefits as well.
i was able to add the records .. there is a greyed box says add record and click it on the upper left.

This is a good way to keep track of self reported maintenance, but be aware, the self reported maintenance only shows up on your own Toyota Owners account - Carfax, dealer records obtained at a dealer, etc. will not include any of the self reported items.

FYI

This is a good way to keep track of self reported maintenance, but be aware, the self reported maintenance only shows up on your own Toyota Owners account - Carfax, dealer records obtained at a dealer, etc. will not include any of the self reported items.

FYI

Great info.. I hadn’t considered that.

I guess you could just put together a spreadsheet in the cloud and share that with any potential buyers. Mine has room for much more info and details than the toyota owners site. My personal template also has pages for part numbers/cost and maintenance item inventory, to-do list, common torque values, tpms and service light reset procedures, etc.

Really any buyer that sees my maintenance log will know without doubt I am OCD about my vehicles.. not a terrible trait when offering a car for sale

Great info.. I hadn’t considered that.

I guess you could just put together a spreadsheet in the cloud and share that with any potential buyers. Mine has room for much more info and details than the toyota owners site. My personal template also has pages for part numbers/cost and maintenance item inventory, to-do list, common torque values, tpms and service light reset procedures, etc.

Really any buyer that sees my maintenance log will know without doubt I am OCD about my vehicles.. not a terrible trait when offering a car for sale
@bloc Just stumbled on this thread. I want to do the same, recordings all service details, parts, torque etc. in a spreadsheet. Could you please share your spreadsheet template?

@bloc Just stumbled on this thread. I want to do the same, recordings all service details, parts, torque etc. in a spreadsheet. Could you please share your spreadsheet template?
I'm leery of actually posting shared files from a primary account on here, but will work on getting some screenshots soon of my formatting. Would be really quick and simple to build.

I'm leery of actually posting shared files from a primary account on here, but will work on getting some screenshots soon of my formatting. Would be really quick and simple to build.
Understood, I'll PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom