LED interior light conversion problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Changed all interior lights to LED... Worked perfectly for a couple of days. And now... Nothing. Not a single light comes on, no matter what button is pushed or which doors are open or shut.
I took one of the diodes out and checked it in another vehicle and it worked fine. Between them working and now not working, I removed each door panel in the process of painting trim pieces but haven't messed with any other electrical parts.

Thought someone may know the answer to this one off the top of their head and save me the trouble of taking them all out and trying to track down the issue.

Thanks guys! This forum has already helped a ton so hopefully I can eventually contribute a little back.

You probably blew your fuse. I had this happen to me when I switched over to LED interior. However it happened right away when I tried replacing 1 of vanity lights for the sun visor.
Its 1 of the 7.5 fuse in the fuse box under the hood

You probably blew your fuse. I had this happen to me when I switched over to LED interior. However it happened right away when I tried replacing 1 of vanity lights for the sun visor.
Its 1 of the 7.5 fuse in the fuse box under the hood

I was kind of thinking fuse since they all just went out. But since LEDs take less power than traditional bulbs I didn't check that yet.
Were you able to get them all to work just by replacing the fuse or did u go to another size fuse? Thanks!

@Just a Ninja Kept the 7.5 fuse. My issue was the lights in the sun visor. They kept causing the short. So I've got all LED except in the visor and 3rd row. Kit didn't have the right bulb
What bulb did you use for 3rd row, where did you buy yours from

@Just a Ninja Kept the 7.5 fuse. My issue was the lights in the sun visor. They kept causing the short. So I've got all LED except in the visor and 3rd row. Kit didn't have the right bulb
What bulb did you use for 3rd row, where did you buy yours from

I'm not looking at the packaging but I'm pretty sure it's the Sylvania 3175LED bulb. I just got them all from the local parts store - they had the book to look up the right bulb number. But I haven't even changed out the vanity lights in the mirrors yet so I may have a problem.

@Just a Ninja You went the proper route. I bought a kit off the web.. they didn't send all the bulbs the first time and the extra they sent are a different shade... 🤦‍♂️
Still try replacing the fuse and see if they start working again. It's a super cheap fix

@Just a Ninja You went the proper route. I bought a kit off the web.. they didn't send all the bulbs the first time and the extra they sent are a different shade... 🤦‍♂️
Still try replacing the fuse and see if they start working again. It's a super cheap fix

Gotcha, I'll check fuse tomorrow and hopefully that'll remedy the situation. I wish I had taken some before pics in the dark with the lights on then some after pics because it makes such a difference.
Haven't looked into LEDs for the high beams and fogs but would like to since the low beams are the whitesh colored projectors. Any experience with that?

Gotcha, I'll check fuse tomorrow and hopefully that'll remedy the situation. I wish I had taken some before pics in the dark with the lights on then some after pics because it makes such a difference.
Haven't looked into LEDs for the high beams and fogs but would like to since the low beams are the whitesh colored projectors. Any experience with that?

I've replaced all my lights with LED. Low, high, fog, as much of interior as I did.
All my cars I buy its the first thing I do. I live in suburbs and need the lighting for deer.
Here is the link High Beam I have an 08 not sure what year yours is or if they've changed the lights. But mine runs 9005 for high
Here is Fog Lights

I've replaced all my lights with LED. Low, high, fog, as much of interior as I did.
All my cars I buy its the first thing I do. I live in suburbs and need the lighting for deer.
Here is the link High Beam I have an 08 not sure what year yours is or if they've changed the lights. But mine runs 9005 for high
Here is Fog Lights

Hmm... I can't get links to work for some reason but I'm definitely interested in them. Also, I think mine uses the 9005 for the highs as well.

Here's what my low and fog look like

20181221_155109.jpg

@Just a Ninja the brand is Cougar Motor on Amazon. Both my cars run them, along with my parents car, and a bunch of friends and family after they saw mine.

@Just a Ninja the brand is Cougar Motor on Amazon. Both my cars run them, along with my parents car, and a bunch of friends and family after they saw mine.

Thanks I'm checking them out now.

Also .. apparently my issue isn't a fuse since the fuse was fine and I replaced it just to make sure and still no lights. Guess I'll investigate more tomorrow.

Thanks I'm checking them out now.

Also .. apparently my issue isn't a fuse since the fuse was fine and I replaced it just to make sure and still no lights. Guess I'll investigate more tomorrow.

I was going to post on here to check on an update. That's a bummer.. good luck with that

You probably already know this but....

You are certain the Door OFF button isn’t pressed, right? (One of many indistinct buttons in front of rear view mirror). -On mine it’s easy to accidentally hit...making no interior lights activate.

For the 3rd row light go with the Festoon panel. Way more brighter and easier to install.

Similar to below.
Amazon product ASIN B00FKPJJNY
This! Much more light than the festoon bulb I tried from supebright LEDs and inexpensive - I spent less than $10 and have three spares.

This! Much more light than the festoon bulb I tried from supebright LEDs and inexpensive - I spent less than $10 and have three spares.

Yeah those look awesome... I've got to figure out why none of mine work first tho...haha.

I might have missed this, but did you try flipping the polarity? Lots of LEDs only work when hooked up the right way.

I might have missed this, but did you try flipping the polarity? Lots of LEDs only work when hooked up the right way.

Hmm... I don't THINK that's the problem since the bulbs were all working for a couple days then I spent a couple hours one day painting all the interior trim but it was bright daylight so I'm not sure if they were working at that point or not. Then the next night I noticed none of them work... Fuse is still good. The switches have been moved to every position.

You probably already know this but....

You are certain the Door OFF button isn’t pressed, right? (One of many indistinct buttons in front of rear view mirror). -On mine it’s easy to accidentally hit...making no interior lights activate.

Yes sir... I've tried every switch configuration with no luck. Going to mess with it when I get off work later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom