Awkward Request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
Hi Guys: As some of you know, I am dealing with some extremely high medical bills ($50K!) from my daughter's medical problems last year. My insurance will not pay this and I am fighting them, but in the meantime I feel compelled to pay my debts, it is a person pride and dignity thing for me. As a result of this, my budget has gone from ample and flexible to pretty much paycheck to paycheck. I have drained my savings and borrowed from my 401K (I broke all my rules to try to pay this down)... I haven't lived like this in over 15 years... I am working very hard to not have to abandon my 40 or give up other things, but I find myself in a bit of bind and am short about $500 on this month's budget. I'll be making some tough decisions to avoid this problem again next month and into the future, but in the short term I am hoping some of you might be interested in to buy some of my parts from me. I have...

OE 78 exhaust manifold
78 FJ40 chassis (no title)
old one-piece header (needs media blast and powder)
OE springs from the 68
OE axles from the 68
OE (ish) rollbar out of the 68
Four Pro Comp alloy wheels with some very rough 33" tires on them. They will 6-bolt Toyota.

I also have a brand new set of four BFG MT KM2s I won in a contest back in May. They are 35x12.5 R15 that I'll reluctantly part with for $750. All other items are "make me an offer"

Last edited:
The only thing I have any use for is the BFG's and I wasn't wanting to go back to a 35. Sorry.

Can you post a pic of the wheels and are they 15 inch or 16 inch? Thanks

Sure! They are 15" and show their age a bit. I had planned to have them media blasted and powder coated and maybe some snow wheeling tires put on them at some point. Even a Raptor Liner would look cool and mask some of the wear.

Those are awesome wheels. I have my swampers on a set just like them. They are light and the valve stem sits in further so the rocks don't reach out and touch them. These would work out for my sons mini. Those tires don't look that bad. What price should I tell him.

Those are awesome wheels. I have my swampers on a set just like them. They are light and the valve stem sits in further so the rocks don't reach out and touch them. These would work out for my sons mini. Those tires don't look that bad. What price should I tell him.

Make me an offer. I have no idea how to price them and I am a bit “bias” (tire pun!) right now due to my needs. :) PM me here or IM me on FB or send me a text whatever works. You are welcome to come by and see them too.

Pic n pull prices are about $25 per rim, but you don't get nice ones like these.

Ok. So now all that stuff is free. 78 chassis (no title), 68 axle assemblies, springs, and a cage... well OEM bar with some DIY additions to make a cage. I'll be hauling it all to the scrapyard in a couple of weeks.

I'll take the springs in case the ones I got from Mark don't work out.

You got it. I'll set them aside for you. Let me know if you want to come get them before the next meeting.

Axles can come to my house rather than scrap unless they are gone already.

Axles can come to my house rather than scrap unless they are gone already.

Thanks! I got a guy who wants them and is supposed to pick them up on Tuesday. I'll let you know if he flakes.

You got it. I'll set them aside for you. Let me know if you want to come get them before the next meeting.
I'll try to get by there before the end of the week.

Sounds good. Just let me know day/time.

@rusty_tlc: So a guy came by today to take a look and he took everything. I didn't notice until after he left that he also took the springs. So they are gone. :(

@rusty_tlc: So a guy came by today to take a look and he took everything. I didn't notice until after he left that he also took the springs. So they are gone. :(
No worries, its all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom