1fz-fe bad fuel.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i put s***ty fuel in my 1fz-fe...acceleration has decreased, revs have gone up..plz help. its driving like my wifes suzuki

i had bad idle speed...thats under control now. i got the fuel filter cleaned (it was very dirty, i need to replace it when i go to town), i didnt touch the throttle body or the plugs. the engine is not as sluggish as before but when i start to drive from a parked positing it struggles intially then as the speed increases it becomes manageable. its not driving at 100% capacity

Just drive it around for a while and burn off a half tank of fuel and then put new fuel in it? Or drain the tank? And get all new fresh fuel?

Drain and fill. Not worth pushing more crap fuel through the system.

Also think about cleaning and inspecting the O2 sensor wiring and the sensor itself if you can easily remove it, if it has the stock exhaust system and clear codes if they made the check engine light come on. Might be worth removing power to the system to make the ECU relearn how to make the motor work properly once you get the bad fuel out.

Just drive it around for a while and burn off a half tank of fuel and then put new fuel in it? Or drain the tank? And get all new fresh fuel?
Thank you. That’s exactly what I’m doing. I too thought it was the most sensible thing to do

Also think about cleaning and inspecting the O2 sensor wiring and the sensor itself if you can easily remove it, if it has the stock exhaust system and clear codes if they made the check engine light come on. Might be worth removing power to the system to make the ECU relearn how to make the motor work properly once you get the bad fuel out.
I do have the stock exhaust system but no check engine light came on. I’ll work on the o2 sensor

i had bad idle speed...thats under control now. i got the fuel filter cleaned (it was very dirty, i need to replace it when i go to town), i didnt touch the throttle body or the plugs. the engine is not as sluggish as before but when i start to drive from a parked positing it struggles intially then as the speed increases it becomes manageable. its not driving at 100% capacity
How did you clean your fuel filter??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom