What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Worked with a good friend of mine that is very artistic and creative. Working to create a kit that anyone could install. Its held up with 2 strong magnets and will require 4 1/4" holes to be drilled through the plastic door cover. Not the biggest table but will work for lunches, beers, or as a cutting board. It is a finished butcher block afterall. :)
More to come. ;)
View attachment 1951161View attachment 1951162
That's nicely done!
I've just started spottily shopping for 1' x 2' bamboo cutting boards for this exact mod....but an oak butcher block in a pre-designed kit may just be better, faster, and a cleaner product in the end.

make cables easy take-off (like old tailgate cables)?
Make the hinge pin on the piano hinge removable for easy cleaning....
I'm interested in following this... 🤙👍

Last edited:
That's nicely done!
I've just started spottily shopping for 1' x 2' bamboo cutting boards for this exact mod....b ut an oak butcher block in a pre-designed kit may just be better, faster, and a cleaner product in the end.

I'm interested in following this...
We have a few revisions to make to mounting hardware and note the wood can be customized to your liking which is why I like this idea. My board is actually Walnut and the strip is Bubinga. I wanted an accent to match my red wood grain up front.

We have a few revisions to make to mounting hardware and note the wood can be customized to your liking which is why I like this idea. My board is actually Walnut and the strip is Bubinga. I wanted an accent to match my red wood grain up front.
i appreciate the tapered lead edge/top to recess the board IN the nook. That one looks like 1.25-1.5" thick...
Is it about 22" x 9"ish?

removal of the door plastic for mounting (more sturdy)
or all from the outside (easier)?

You might need to share/show what's going on in the hatch too... unless you've got a build you can link us to... ;)

i appreciate the tapered lead edge/top to recess the board IN the nook. That one looks like 1.25-1.5" thick...
Is it about 22" x 9"ish?

removal of the door plastic for mounting (more sturdy)
or all from the outside (easier)?
Your thickness and dimensions are on par. Simple removal of the door cover to drill and mount 4 bolts/washers/nuts.

You might need to share/show what's going on in the hatch too... unless you've got a build you can link us to... ;)
View attachment 1951190
Damnit. There's no hiding anything from you. :D

20181111_085528.jpg
20181014_164016.jpg
20181014_174606.jpg
20181017_190300.jpg
20190331_094507.jpg
Artwork by the same guy but I built my drawer system.

And yes I need to make a build thread here.

Worked with a good friend of mine that is very artistic and creative. Working to create a kit that anyone could install. Its held up with 2 strong magnets and will require 4 1/4" holes to be drilled through the plastic door cover. Not the biggest table but will work for lunches, beers, or as a cutting board. It is a finished butcher block afterall. :)
More to come. ;)
View attachment 1951161View attachment 1951162
Will be perfect for wine and cheese.

Damnit. There's no hiding anything from you. :D

View attachment 1951200View attachment 1951202View attachment 1951204View attachment 1951206View attachment 1951208Artwork by the same guy but I built my drawer system.

And yes I need to make a build thread here.
HAHA,
Nope! I suffer from attention to detail, I've got keen eyes for spotting things (bonus points for that reference) ;)

The gear attic, is that custom? looks similar but different from the mil surplus one I'm running.

Rad drawer (art too, "ooh my aikin' back! ;) ) set-up, tension mounts and clasps for closure, full bed awesomeness, and component box/ spare tire 'rack'!! Dig the clamp on the gas bottle too.
nice details. You running a dual battery setup? power station in the old cuby behind your first aid kit?

nicely set-up rig, dood.

Last edited:
HAHA,
Nope! I suffer from attention to detail, I've got keen eyes for spotting things ;)

The gear attic, is that custom? looks similar but different from the mil surplus one I'm running.

Rad drawer (art too, "ooh my aikin' back! ;) ) set-up, tension mounts and clasps for closure, full bed awesomeness, and component box/ spare tire 'rack'!! Dig the clamp on the gas bottle too.
nice details. You running a dual battery setup? power station in the old cuby behind your first aid kit?

nicely set-up rig, dood.
The roof net is from Raingler Nets here in Colorado. They make nets for all kinds of vehicles. From roof storage to separation front/back nets for pets and so on.

Yeah if you are instagram at all look up #taggedbygramps. That will explain the old man in the art. ;)

I am running dual batteries. Nothing in that old cubbie except the quick release for the first aid kit is mounted too it. I ran wire back to just in front of the first aid kit to this little setup for the fridge and a couple USBs for overnight charging while we sleep.

20190214_125009.jpg

Took it to the meet and greet in Denver. Nice turnout. Nice bunch of people. And trucks. Thanks to Eric for organizing and toytec for hosting. This is only part of the parking lot. More were there. Mines the 6th from the left
D3BE0487-340B-4F3E-BED8-4C13AE6DAE23.jpeg

Made some needed changes with TechStream this morning, love all the options available to mess with!

Also finally got the last piece of the dash kit I needed for my new Sony deck. That, plus new speakers, has the truck sounding great. I'll get a photo or two of the head unit. Really happy with the results so far.

Taking the GX in for a long awaited exhaust upgrade. Going with Doug Thorley long tube headers, GESi HO SS cats, and 2.5" custom bent and welded tube with a magnaflow muffler. Going to be hot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom