What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got put in a Lexus commercial today :)

Nice piece Dan! Well said.
How long ago was that shoot? You've done some (unmentioned) big things to the drivetrain 🤘, and range. 😈

We filmed for around 20 hours total to get that 3 min video. Lots of driving to and from sites. I didn't make any money on the video as it is an "authentic" owner story and I accepted no money.

We filmed for around 20 hours total to get that 3 min video. Lots of driving to and from sites. I didn't make any money on the video as it is an "authentic" owner story and I accepted no money.
Cool. I would be interested to know more details. Seems like an unusual ad for Lexus to make as the brand isn't often connected to offroading. I wouldn't be surprised if you, and the community, grew so much they just couldn't ignore (you) it anymore, and had to get some, much deserved, coverage.

I hear you though. I hope this is my forever truck.

There is a lot going on with the Lexus brand and the GX and LX lines. I think you saw the latest commercials with a lot more offroad or "out of the way" use cases. GXOR raised a lot of eyebrows at Lexus. I don't know what that means, but I suspect they are cooking up cool stuff.

Cool. I would be interested to know more details. Seems like an unusual ad for Lexus to make as the brand isn't often connected to offroading. I wouldn't be surprised if you, and the community, grew so much they just couldn't ignore (you) it anymore, and had to get some, much deserved, coverage.

I hear you though. I hope this is my forever truck.
I think it's the evolution (change through time) of the customer base. Think caddys, used to be large, wollowy, COMFY road beasts, now they're a line of POWERFUL, sporty, COMFY rigs...

Video was nicely done.

If you get them to really start taking feedback from an enthusiast group you will accomplish what few have been able to do relative to a large auto manufacturer.

I hope they bring in a solid front axle with a diesel option, though I would have to wait ten years before I could afford one...

If I was ever lucky enough to influence a model design, I probably couldn't tell you (I am not), but you would tell when I am done lol

:cool:New ROK-RAX roof rack from Rokmen Offroad. Prototype 1 installed. I am pretty stoked!
20190409_190955.jpg
20190409_191510.jpg
20190409_191539.jpg

There is a lot going on with the Lexus brand and the GX and LX lines. I think you saw the latest commercials with a lot more offroad or "out of the way" use cases. GXOR raised a lot of eyebrows at Lexus. I don't know what that means, but I suspect they are cooking up cool stuff.
Very cool video Dan. It's great to be part of this growing community and it will be interesting to watch it continue to evolve!

So after a month waiting on the OME lift it is finallly done. 1.25 spacers on stock rims and BFG KO'2 285/70/17.

Have Wilco HitchGate High clearance Solo spear tire carrier on the way for the fifth 285/70/17 that won't fit under any more.

front lift.jpg

rear lift.jpg

side lift.jpg

So after a month waiting on the OME lift it is finallly done. 1.25 spacers on stock rims and BFG KO'2 285/70/17.

Have Wilco HitchGate High clearance Solo spear tire carrier on the way for the fifth 285/70/17 that won't fit under any more.

View attachment 1950684

View attachment 1950685

View attachment 1950686
Looks good, love your paint color. Any rubbing with spacers. I want spacers after I downsize from 285/70 to skinny 255/75 but the spacer debate is real.

Looks good, love your paint color. Any rubbing with spacers. I want spacers after I downsize from 285/70 to skinny 255/75 but the spacer debate is real.

Nothing in the rear of course, Since I still have running boards a slight trim on front inside of running board and trim the front bumper tab and fender liner at the bottom. No big deal!

running board cut.jpg

bumper cut.jpg

With lift installed and the airbags gone, i removed the ride control in the center console and replaced with land cruiser pocket.

Also installed my Rad Rubber engine splash guards!

Console LC pocket.jpg

splash 2.jpg

Began building my hitch mounted spare tire carrier:

The notch is where the 4x2 tube will straddle the 2" hitch insert. It will be gusseted at final assembly. final width is still TBD.

Using a 2" hitch extension from HF, i cut it up and made an anti-wiggle device. An 8mm bolt runs longitudinally through the center to tighten the wedges taking up any slack in the hitch (at least that is the theory).

Video was nicely done.

If you get them to really start taking feedback from an enthusiast group you will accomplish what few have been able to do relative to a large auto manufacturer.

I hope they bring in a solid front axle with a diesel option, though I would have to wait ten years before I could afford one...

Not to be a debbie downer, but Lexus will continue to make 99% of their revenue from the soccer moms and real estate agents in the GX/LX lines. Even the hoards of Jeep fanatics are ineffective at influencing the engineers and financiers that make design decisions. The good news is that it spins out aftermarket companies who can support the 1% of enthusiasts with great, innovative products.

Worked with a good friend of mine that is very artistic and creative. Working to create a kit that anyone could install. Its held up with 2 strong magnets and will require 4 1/4" holes to be drilled through the plastic door cover. Not the biggest table but will work for lunches, beers, or as a cutting board. It is a finished butcher block afterall. :)
More to come. ;)
20190411_204124.jpg
20190411_204019.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom