Hub and Brake Part Verification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been about 8 years since I've needed to dig into my front hubs. Trying to get a parts list down before dismantling. I'm planning on pulling the hubs and repacking the bearings. I originally rebuilt the front axle and swapped birf's around 146k. I have about 227k now. Do the bearings need to be replaced yet?

I also plan on flushing the brake system and want to replace the banjo bolt crush washers in the process. Anyone know what size they are? M10 or M8 perhaps?

Are these part numbers correct for Toyota?

90311-62001 inner hub seal x2
90520-31001 axle c clip x2 (just in case)
90430-10074 copper crush washer x8

Unless you are replacing either the flexible brake lines or the calipers there is no need to remove the banjo bolts or replace the crush washers. Flushing is done via the bleeders.

Replacing knuckle bearings should be done if servicing the birfields. Wheel bearings last almost forever providing the proper maintenance and adjustment has been done.

Last edited:
Unless you are replacing either the flexible brake lines or the calipers there is no need to remove the banjo bolts or replace the crush washers. Flushing is done via the bleeders.

I think I may have a small leak on one of the calipers at the banjo bolt since I removed the calipers for rebuilding and reused the existing washers. I figured it'd be cheap insurance to replace the crush washers to see if my very slow leak stops.

You might want to check with Cruiser Outfitters for your needs. They have a variety of front axle parts and kits with seals and bearings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom