Military Spec LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the difference between a civilian LC and a military spec special ops 200?

I am sure suspension is different- I doubt they use AHC (can AHC handle Dukes of Hazzard style jumps?). I am sure more skid plates are fitted (does anyone have part numbers). I saw something about black out mode, not sure what that is? I wonder what kind of seats military uses?

A special ops LC is...drumroll...an LC that happens to be used by special ops. Armored or stock.

Just like a special ops pencil is...a pencil that happens to be used by special ops.

What users decide to DO to modify the LC’s robustness is entirely up to those entities.

The most heavily armored LC I’ve ever personally witnessed (ridden in) was one driven by a lady in Jalalabad. Heavier than crap...doors so heavy and glass so thick it felt like opening and closing a bank vault. Getting in and out.

And what was her badass role?
-She had an office job associated with the state department. Didn’t carry a gun...never confronted bad guys...ever.
-They just wanted her to be relatively protected when she occasionally had to make trips into town. No special ops required. :)

“Special Oos _________” is one of the most abused marketing terms ever invented. You know those tired commercials for flashlights, sun/driving glasses, LED lanterns etc where some scmuck in a tight, desert-tan t-shirt throws the cheapo LED plastic lantern in the back of some monster size, military-looking vehicle...claiming its “tactical” or “special ops@?? All hogwash.

Goofy rant over...hehe

That is B.A.!

Almost anything consumer with the buzzword "tactical" gives me douche-chills.

Here is your marketing strategy:
  • Paint it black.
  • Add some black nylon and some Velcro.
  • Prepend "tactical" to the name.
  • Find some retired SOF guy with a "tactical" beard to shill for you on YouTube.
  • Make up some silly creation myth about how your "tactical" beard guy used competing products while "downrange" and found them wanting, so after years of hard work and a bazillion patents, you now have the best thing since the KA-Bar knife.
  • Raise the price 100%.
  • Get your staff to astroturf the hell out of it on ARFcom and other forums.
  • Profit!

• Paint it black.
  • Find some retired SOF guy with a "tactical" beard to shill for you on YouTube.
  • Make up some silly creation myth about how your "tactical" beard guy used competing products while "downrange" and found them wanting, so after years of hard work and a bazillion patents, you now have the best thing since the KA-Bar knife.
  • Raise the price 100%.
  • Profit!

Nailed it. Although I think it's special forces instead of tactical beard 🤣

Still waiting for our actual special ops guys to chime in and school us. :) But I think there is consensus on marketing.

On the other hand...black absorbs light. It reduces glare. It disappears in the dark. Nothing wrong with black-ish stuff. But ya, it’s abused. hehe

Tactics are methods. Not things. But meh...

Even Barney Fife tried to be tacti-cool on one episode of the Andy Griffith Show...hehe
E4D24C9E-D486-4E42-8ED8-F6B4637F251D.jpeg

Last edited:
My favorite “tactical” product is the tactical pen.

Ambush? Knife wielding assailant? For just 10 dollars on Amazon, you’ll be ready with one of these tactical pens.

F325DA3B-19AC-4592-8643-3D5D4487AC28.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Paint it black.
  • Raise the price 100%.
  • Profit!

"Tactical" Aloha Snackbar.

What is the difference between a civilian LC and a military spec special ops 200?

I am sure suspension is different- I doubt they use AHC (can AHC handle Dukes of Hazzard style jumps?). I am sure more skid plates are fitted (does anyone have part numbers). I saw something about black out mode, not sure what that is? I wonder what kind of seats military uses?
No ACH, heavier springs and shocks.
No extra skid plates
Black out mode is a thing
Factory seats

What's black out mode? Sounds cool.
It’s just different visible light setup that lets you drive around without any brake lights and prevents headlights, turn signals, etc from easily being turned on.

Trust me, there is nothing in that world that you would actually want on your 200.

• Paint it black.
  • Raise the price 100%.
  • Profit!
Haha, nice. I’ll add two more
-“operator approved”
-MOLLE compatible.

It’s just different visible light setup that lets you drive around without any brake lights and prevents headlights, turn signals, etc from easily being turned on.

Trust me, there is nothing in that world that you would actually want on your 200.

Thanks! Are they using night vision?

I would think if the LC was a bit faster it would make a great scout/reconnaissance vehicle. Not sure what they are like in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom