80 Series GIS Skid now available - HuddExpo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine showed up QUICK lokks sick no issues at all, My only issue is taking out the iron pig because it covers my tranny pan as well, and Im not one to remove armor so this may be going to big red machine
Do you have any scrapes or dings on the tranny portion of the Ipor unit? I've been wondering if it's needed since I first saw this. It looks like a really nice piece, but all the others I've seen from vendors or homemade all have trans protection. Any chance of a V2 with a trans skid addition?

Reactions: RFB
Mine was waiting for me when I return from a 3 days of adventure travel making it a great weekend. Immediately opened it and looks to be just what I wanted, looking forward to getting it installed.

Do you have any scrapes or dings on the tranny portion of the Ipor unit? I've been wondering if it's needed since I first saw this. It looks like a really nice piece, but all the others I've seen from vendors or homemade all have trans protection. Any chance of a V2 with a trans skid addition?
I do but this trucks done trails lots of them. Im just afraid if I go with newer much lighter version Ill nail tranny.

Are you concerned about landing on something or something flying up into it?
same question, the real thing to ask is do you think you would have made contact with the trans pan if your skid wasn't below the frame? the trans pan is tucked up pretty good . I'm planning on an aluminum section forward to protect from smaller contact issues/branches more of a deflection type protection. This first batch has holes on the leading edge for this future add-on. i'm designing around it 100% retro added, and option moving forward.

need to upload a video of my buddy with my skid high centered for about 30 minutes on frame, diffs, front and rear link mounts. we're not even sure the TC skid took a hit, I'll get a better look tomorrow. to muddy to tell, which is why we couldn't get the right line to avoid the hang up. It's a trail at the local park that he has walked up 2 other times with out much spotting. Had to winch several times and all the way out fully locked 35" km2's burning an melting with wheel speed. I was spotting and pulling winch line and didn't get media on my devices. I'll gather from the group that was their and post up. It's boosted diesel flogging goodness (is that a term).

I believe I'll have you covered in the near future for your needs, but would love some feedback on your thoughts for trans pan protection. I'm more worried about something small getting up around the dipstick tube and ripping it off. That's where my design criteria is centered.

same question, the real thing to ask is do you think you would have made contact with the trans pan if your skid wasn't below the frame? the trans pan is tucked up pretty good . I'm planning on an aluminum section forward to protect from smaller contact issues/branches more of a deflection type protection. This first batch has holes on the leading edge for this future add-on. i'm designing around it 100% retro added, and option moving forward.

need to upload a video of my buddy with my skid high centered for about 30 minutes on frame, diffs, front and rear link mounts. we're not even sure the TC skid took a hit, I'll get a better look tomorrow. to muddy to tell, which is why we couldn't get the right line to avoid the hang up. It's a trail at the local park that he has walked up 2 other times with out much spotting. Had to winch several times and all the way out fully locked 35" km2's burning an melting with wheel speed. I was spotting and pulling winch line and didn't get media on my devices. I'll gather from the group that was their and post up. It's boosted diesel flogging goodness (is that a term).

I believe I'll have you covered in the near future for your needs, but would love some feedback on your thoughts for trans pan protection. I'm more worried about something small getting up around the dipstick tube and ripping it off. That's where my design criteria is centered.
I see the holes and fiugured as such but how would you brace it?

I see the holes and fiugured as such but how would you brace it?

That's what I've been debating I've got some ideas but haven't started to prototype any pieces yet

Reactions: RFB
That's what I've been debating I've got some ideas but haven't started to prototype any pieces yet
what im wondering is, How could a piece be blted onto to existing skid that could actually take the weight of the truck if you ending up turtling it somehow. see what Im sayin? if it bolted up to skid as is it would require bracing in addition. and bear in mind I could be wrong, I was married once.

Has anyone ever heard or seen a trans pan being damaged? While installing my new skid I was looking and figured it would take some very serious wheeling even for RFB to make contact with the trans especially with his monster truck. Maybe its just me but trans protection is seems to be over-kill. In the beginning the skid by IPOR did not have trans protection, FWIW.

Has anyone ever heard or seen a trans pan being damaged? While installing my new skid I was looking and figured it would take some very serious wheeling even for RFB to make contact with the trans especially with his monster truck. Maybe its just me but trans protection is seems to be over-kill. In the beginning the skid by IPOR did not have trans protection, FWIW.
You are more than likely correct my tranny pan is literally 25in off the ground and tucked up inside frame rails and the front DS would take the hit first then fram and then maybe tranny pan. it is overkill. I digress.

Here's my feedback, i love your design and live ten minutes from HuddExpo HQ but without transmission pan protection your skid was a non starter for me. I have scratches and gouges in my current setup from ledge outcroppings in Moab.

Here's my feedback, i love your design and live ten minutes from HuddExpo HQ but without transmission pan protection your skid was a non starter for me. I have scratches and gouges in my current setup from ledge outcroppings in Moab.
Shouldn't be difficult to weld an additional plate to the front for some trans protection.

Shouldn't be difficult to weld an additional plate to the front for some trans protection.

Not easy for everyone, and most aren't wanting to purchase a product and immediately modify it.

He asked for trans skid feedback so I provided it, I have a Creeper Skid now that I have no qualms with but the increased ground clearance of the GIS skid is what initially piqued my interest and the thought of switching.

Not easy for everyone, and most aren't wanting to purchase a product and immediately modify it.

He asked for trans skid feedback so I provided it, I have a Creeper Skid now that I have no qualms with but the increased ground clearance of the GIS skid is what initially piqued my interest and the thought of switching.
I'm not criticizing your feedback. I think it's a good suggestion.

and meow Im reconsidering all over again, Im too quick on the trigger it would seem, probably why a new alu cab expo 3 is leaning against my house right now.

yes it does say that

I could quote several with feedback. But I understand that total mayhem protection is not this product. But in that case you prabably need to at a full belly plate and gas tank protection as well.

Not everyone will see the need based on how they use there rig. No problem, this offers great protection where it’s needed for the 95%. I understand this might or might not be the skid for you.

The trans protection will be 3/16”
Aluminum. Bent and welded to create a tray to be the first contact with lighter weapons. Tree branches, brush, and light rocks.

I had a full belly plate prior and all my contact/damage was the sides of the belly none at the tcase. Making the new skid perfect for where I go. The trans pan is ~4" above the front LCA and the frame. It appears to me if you are able to make contact with your trans pan you will be forced to go back and pick a new line or your rear driveline will be next in line for damage.

IMG_2795.JPG

My control arm hangers see plenty of abuse but nothing on the trans or the center on the lines I pick. It will interesting going forward for my belly gave me more clearance at the tcase then the new set up but Im liking the new set up better.

IMG_2776.JPG

Last edited:
oK EVEN THO i THINK lcp IS RIGHT ON IT, i WANT TO RUN THIS NEW SKID but i ALSO WANT TO ADD A PLATE THAT LOCKS IN AND BOLTS UP YA FOLLOW ME SO i WOULD TAKE A PLATE WELD A LIP ON IT SO IT WOULDNT just BE BOLTED ON THE MONSTAH CLOCK OVER 7k AND BOLTED ON PLATE WOULD PROBABLY BE A DAMAGE MULTIPLIER. ANY OF YOU DESIGNEREY GUYS HAVE AN IDA? BECAUSE this new skid is mint other wise, beatifully built light as a liberal in cambridge go to go
DSCN9858.JPG
DSCN9861.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom