Hot South Picture of the Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Busted cable replaced. Looks better and it's WAY lighter.

20190322_190915.jpg

The dealbreaker were the pieces they used to mount the contactor to the winch body. It looked and felt too fragile for my tastes, so yeah, back it went.

I did use their rope though. UHMW SK75 rope only comes from a handful of suppliers; no sense in spending extra for marketing.

Great day, really enjoyed it

IMG_1705[1].JPG

Georgia Traverse

IMG_0438.JPG

Went for a ride this weekend, and this was our first trail encounter...

1.jpg

My buddy's reaction to this creature:

2.jpg

No worries, though. They continued past our route and things were looking up shortly thereafter:

4.jpg

A little cleanup going on in the background there. This looked to be one of a few frequent campsites we came across. Pretty well kept overall; we only picked up one contractor bag full (these mtn folks have an affinity for the finer stuff...Milwaukee's Best was the winner) and two Jeep spare tires.

The Grand Cherokee's electronic assists were impressive in the mud and rocks (will post photos of those spots once I get 'em). He was teetering on two tires in places and maintained traction through, even on HTs. It was good nerd fun to watch the tires turn a little before the ABS clamped that side down.

3.JPG

And the finale:

5.jpg

One of the other guys was running the camera for this trip, so I'll have to wait for him to pass along the rest of the photos. Very good trip overall, and access is as easy as can be since it tees into I-40 West.

Last edited:
How long of a drive from Huntsville is it?

5 hrs direct

*edit: That's to the north end. The south end, where it intersects I-40, can be reached in 4:30.

Last edited:
Our old 1995 Dinosaur got a new garage mate, a 2019 TRD Off Road 4Runner

O70oqMGwR3m6XnCmqVbrQQ.jpg

Science

Screenshot_20190411-100324_Instagram.jpg

New shop stickers.

15554640709578240598944846171559.jpg

Electrical gremlins...BE GONE!

Half a dozen repaired circuits later, she's patched up and purring in 4LO with Mr. T's wiring intact. Also, it's impressive how much effect a clean IAC valve and TB will improve a 1FZ.

20190419_153805.jpg

20190420_103447.jpg

Went to the woods Saturday .
vc3lnck2R%m%4bYTpEKahw.jpg

Saw one of these in the tire shop today. I think that blue would look awesome on a 60. Is anyone a wizard with photoshop and can sim that?

20170816220048112-877x500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom