RE: Advice from FJ25 'ers' for my 1964 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

forward in 1962 with a hard tube running across the top and down the side like above (ignore the aftermarket cap, it has since been replaced)
DSC07387.JPG

when i had the tank flushed and fixed, they took that off, so i need to do something also. i was thinking of making an "L" bracket out of brass and brazing it on.

The Tailgate was very rough!
Not sure how so much water had got into it over the years. I assume because the Previous owner would Launch his Boat with this and the Rear of the Vehicle was dipped in the Sea.
Tailgate is pretty much a sealed unit. The outer skin is thick @ 2mm steel and that had rusted through. All the captive nuts inside had corroded away, which made it impossible to get many of the bolts out, as the captive nuts (or what was left of them) rotated inside the door skin. Note how worn Latches were!

Anyway it is almost as good as new now!

The rear fender looks familiar.. Is it?

I don't know what changed in 1969 but here is one on flea bay. If it's too long, saw it off and modify OEM part with said hammer:

A long shot!
Anyone able to provide a good quality photo(s) of early Denso Alternator ( Part # 27020-60022) Decal?
Planning on getting it reproduced .

Well I'd like one too if there are any economies of scale.

Question from the sidelines: Aren't these riveted onto the case? I can visualize grinding-off the original, but how would you attach the new repro with that type of rivet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom