Land Cruiser shop in Riyadh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi everyone. Greg here from Riyadh. I'm from the US and have been here almost one year although I've traveled extensively for business in KSA for more than 10 years. I've come across an early 80s FJ45 Troopy that I'm trying to acquire. It's been sitting a very long time from the looks of it but the body is in great shape. Interior is trashed but all the parts appear to be there. I don't think it's running; otherwise it probably wouldn't be sitting, parked with rotten tires. It's located in the northern region and before I try to buy it and get it relocated to Riyadh I need to find a shop. Although a full restoration shop that has some experience with LCs would be great, even somewhere that could drop and clean the fuel tank, change all the fluids and get it running would be very helpful.

I'm asking around locally but thought I would post here as well. I've searched Mud extensively and also the internet and haven't really come up with anything concrete yet.

There are some great looking Land Cruisers posted in this forum. I'm hoping to make it by Sebsports over in Dubai in a few weeks. If I could get it running I would consider taking it over to him although I'm not sure how problematic that would be.

Again, any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

Here's a pic. Back two windows are busted out; tires are gone; door handles don't work and badges and mirrors are missing. Otherwise it appears to be all there with little or no rust. Interior has old carpets and about 2" of dirt but all the seats, etc. appear to be there.

FJ45 Pic 1.jpeg

Here's a pic. Back two windows are busted out; tires are gone; door handles don't work and badges and mirrors are missing. Otherwise it appears to be all there with little or no rust. Interior has old carpets and about 2" of dirt but all the seats, etc. appear to be there.

View attachment 1945745
Most important thing is to verify it has a valid istamarah. As long as it hasn't been deregistered then you should be ok. If the owner deregistered it then you're out of luck. Make the purchase contingent on getting it in your name.

-Geoff

Some locals are still working on the 45 but it appears to still be registered. In the meantime, I visited Seb Sports in Dubai last weekend. Wow, Sebastian and his team do some great work. Would be an absolute privilege if I could get them to work their magic on a Troopy.

If the owner deregistered it then you're out of luck.
I find this interesting. If a vehicle has been deregistered, can it not be sold? Or would the seller have
to register the truck prior to selling the truck legally? Can previous registrations be tracked or previous
owners be located through a local motor vehicle office? I'm just asking as I am curious as to how things
work in other parts of the world.

I am far from an expert on this issue but my understanding is you have to renew your registration every 3 years (I think) but it's just a minor fine if you go beyond the renewal date. I don't think there is an issue selling a car with an expired registration; the owner (or buyer I guess) just has to get the registration up to date and pay the nominal fine(s). To deregister a car on the other hand, takes proactive action by the owner who is basically saying, this car will never be on the road again. Apparently in that case it's impossible or at least very difficult to get the car ownership transferred and the car registered.

I'm sure Geoff knows these rules far better than I do.

I guess that would stop data plate transfers from vehicles written off either by collision or corrosion.
Not a bad idea being able to deregister. I can think of a few scams perpetuated by selling/transfer
registrations.

I am far from an expert on this issue but my understanding is you have to renew your registration every 3 years (I think) but it's just a minor fine if you go beyond the renewal date. I don't think there is an issue selling a car with an expired registration; the owner (or buyer I guess) just has to get the registration up to date and pay the nominal fine(s). To deregister a car on the other hand, takes proactive action by the owner who is basically saying, this car will never be on the road again. Apparently in that case it's impossible or at least very difficult to get the car ownership transferred and the car registered.

I'm sure Geoff knows these rules far better than I do.

hey how u doing i'm from saudi arabia and i'm amazed that you guys interested in Lcs and js ,,, the registration system here in saudi arabia is you got to renew it every 5 years and if u didn't renew it its fine but when you walk into a traffic police checkpoint they will give u a ticket 1000RS or if you can talk it out they might let u go without a ticket , and for the deregistration system they only do it for the cars that cost too much to fix the Salvage ones , and we only do that here if we were gonna sell a smashed car to a wreckage owner so he cold sell the car's parts one by one i really don't know what u guys calls that but yeah anything you want to know man just hit me up or type in this thread

and for the shop there is a shop in qassim is really good in restoration my car was ones a police cruiser and he got it all clean and good you can type in google map تشليح السدلان

IMG_4069.JPG

this is my car fzj70 2004 with saudi arabian spec the side doors glass and there is no wiper in the back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom