Finally a workshop/storage/mancave (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work man. That's a lot of bolts to weld, or did you drill through the top slats?

I have the Harbor Freight version of that. It can be quite accurate with some 'tweaking' and a good blade.
Works nice as long as you don’t push it and keep enough tension on the blade.
I like that you can set it and walk away to do other stuff, it just shuts off at the end of the cut.
For vertical mode you need the fine tooth blade.

Michael, Michael, Michael...

Somehow I missed this thread, which so thoroughly documents your many toy expenditures.

I love what you’ve done with the place!!

And all the drooling is very appropriate!!

But, you really should consider relocating your residence further from YOUR space... don’t chance your two loves discovering
each other!! :worms:

Michael, Michael, Michael...

Somehow I missed this thread, which so thoroughly documents your many toy expenditures.

I love what you’ve done with the place!!

And all the drooling is very appropriate!!

But, you really should consider relocating your residence further from YOUR space... don’t chance your two loves discovering
each other!! :worms:
My wife stays away from the shop at all times, she can’t stand cluther at all and just the thought of a workshop mess makes her stay away from it.

I could have a second family with a house disguised as a workshop just one block away and she would not find out why I was there. I just have to come home in time for diner and bed.😉

I have the Harbor Freight version of that. It can be quite accurate with some 'tweaking' and a good blade.
What tweaks did you do?

Worked on the jig, not easy to get it exact 90 deg.
Two corners welded and the ends capped.
Placing a nutsert in the end caps for an extra corner piece on the outside that doubles as a support bracket for the levelers.
ED75D58B-CC9F-4834-9464-79FC42E3E399.jpeg

What tweaks did you do?
First thing I did was take apart the gearbox, clean it out (there was a big chunk of metal still in there):

I then took the time, and there are a few extensive YouTube videos out there, to get the blade tracking correctly and cutting straight.

It takes a bit of time, some patience, and probably a bit of luck. But you can get it cutting reasonably accurate:

Checked the band saw and it all looks good, just a little adjustment on the blade but most looks good.
The vertical position is almost perfect straight up 90 deg. from the table, I will check it with the digital level later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom