Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old Town,

Nice looking 40 Series. Can you elaborate on the "upgrades"? I see an OEM rollbar from a later model FJ40, an aftermarket air cleaner housing so I assume the carb is a Weber with a automatic choke? The distributor cap doesn't look OEM either so perhaps a Pertronix or other electronic ignition conversion? What else?

Please also note that one of the "rules" of the IH8MUD Classified is that you must list an asking price. We appreciate the same courtesy here on our club forum as well. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the note. Happy to provide as much clarity as I can. Roll Bar is OEM from later model year. I am not sure which year as it was installed by previous owner who originally restored the truck. The carb is a Weber as you have noted, with an automatic choke. The electronic ignition conversion is a MSD system. The truck has a 2 1/2 inch OME Lift and suspension. The tires are upgraded and oversized Goodyear All Terrain. Finally, I had the front bumper custom-made with the bull bar and shackles. I'm asking $30,000. Happy to answer other questions if I've missed something. It really has been a great truck.

This basket has been on top of my truck and has yet to carry a single thing, so I thought I might increase my mileage by 1/2 mpg by gettting rid of it. @shmukster kindly gave it away and I am passing it along at the same fair price. I'll have it at the meeting tomorrow night. Does not include load bars. @ksrunner believes that it is a Yakima Mega Load Warrior. Don't know for sure, but it is in decent shape, made out of aluminum, and would look good with a new coat of paint.

@vonhayek I won’t be at the meeting tomorrow but tempted. Put me at the bottom of the list—if no one else takes it let me know.

Selling an early (1981) FJ80, got it from a fellow club member here in northeast PA with the intention of stripping and selling parts. I have too much going on right now to get this thing disassembled and parted so looking to sell intact. I believe someone could put this thing together and make a solid good running truck. The body is pretty good although for whatever reason the headlights and front bumper are missing. I have a PA title for it says the mileage is 162K. Both the fellow club member from whom I bought the truck and the former owner tell me it ran great and that the engine was in great shape.
I haven't been able to get it running, the fuel pump will not pump. It starts great and sounds fine with either a little gas or some starting fluid in the intake hose. Interior is decent, it's gray. All the glass is pretty good too. I do have what I think is the correct front bumper and grille for the truck they go with it. No headlights. Has been sitting at my place all winter and there is no water leaking in anywhere. The only other thing that I was told it needs is a brake hard line.
I just want to get my money out of it, $950. So for anyone looking to get into a decent land cruiser cheap or who needs a good 3FE engine this could be a deal. One note there are different wheels and tires on it now but the tires and wheels in the photos also go with it. Best to email me shmukter@pa.metrocast.net
View attachment 1927716View attachment 1927717View attachment 1927718
Sold this bad boy Sunday. Tom Humphries and Angelo came up from Jersey and trailered it home. I have them enough extra 80 parts to fill the back seat of their two vehicle, the 80 being towed, and the bed of the two vehicle. Cleaned a real sheetload of stuff out of the garage. Hope to see this baby wheeling at coal mine this year!!!!!

@Von Hayek I'll put my name in the ring as a likely candidate. It's getting old moving the ARB rack to whichever 80 needs it at the time. And, I already have load bars.
I'd be glad to see John end up with this rack. He's moved a lot of parts for a lot of people since I met him at last year's relic run.

I'd be glad to see John end up with this rack. He's moved a lot of parts for a lot of people since I met him at last year's relic run.
1. And I’ve only “lost” a very small amount of them!

OR

2. Now I can carry even more crap from state to state!

I'll take it off your hands if someone else hasn't claimed it. I'd like to have a full size spare.
Spares on the roof are a HUGE pain. Not to mention they add lots of weight up high.
Just a PSA. TIFWIW

Spares on the roof are a HUGE pain. Not to mention they add lots of weight up high.
Just a PSA. TIFWIW
Easiest way to throw your back out and Jack up your shoulder. Sucks more when you still have to change the tire...

Not to mention all the people I see with an oversized spare bungee corded to the factory roof rack - a panic stop is likely to send it flying like a missile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom