Trip Through Big Sur with the 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got out and took a trip with the 40 down to Big Sur with a buddy after all the time, $$$, and tears into the rig. This is the first successful trip I have had in the 40 since I have had it. Been 4 wheeling but nothing like this. Had the perfect weekend and had a great time. Was able to use my ARB twin compressor for the first time. Worked really well. Tried using a quad filler that came with the rig. It was too cumbersome to use. I think I will only use a dual filler as it will be easier to use and more importantly store. We did 166 miles on the trip and I used just over 22 gallons for the trip. I have a SBC 383 with an Atomic MSD EFI system along with a TH350. The trails were not hard, never had to go into 4 wheel drive even on the tougher sections. Went with a buddy in his 2012 Tundra that is setup for overlanding. Found some great camping spots and got some great photos.

I did find out that my rear shocks are not the right length for the rig. Which is weird since I used the previous shocks measurements to buy the new ones. But will have to look at it tonight to get the right ones. These ones were bottoming out on the shock prior to getting to the Bump Stop. Weird but a small thing considering.

Also followed an 80 series out with the custom CA plate of MGTHY80 - anyone know him. Sweet rig.

IMG_E8628.JPG

IMG_E8561.JPG

IMG_E8557.JPG

IMG_E8539.JPG

IMG_E8530.JPG

love that area. Do you have a closeup picture of your gas can carrier?

Nice. What roads were you on? I was up there last week (not in the 40) and I tried to go on the Coast road, but it was locked on the southern end. Wish I had more time to explore up there.

Nice. What roads were you on? I was up there last week (not in the 40) and I tried to go on the Coast road, but it was locked on the southern end. Wish I had more time to explore up there.
We drove up Nacimiento - Fergusson Road was the first day to Coast Ridge Trail where we stayed the first night.
We then took Coast Ridge Trail all the way to the dead end of the Hearst Castle property and then down Los Burros Road. It was quite a bit of off road driving with some amazing views.

IMG_8588.JPG

IMG_8528.JPG

Only got to see the Nacimiento- Ferguson grade once, and it was on a bicycle. Central Coast Double Century.

Beautiful country. Steinbeck country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom