TLCA 31st Annual Rubithon - 2019 Registration Now Open - NEW DATES!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to have you Dick, any talk about moving Rubithon date this year? Just saw some photo's from friends that have cabins at Spider lake and way more snow than usual. These guys do well over 100 trips a season and anticipate Forth of July to get to Spider Lake, with Tahoe side about 2 weeks behind. What do you think? John Pardi

Glad to have you Dick, any talk about moving Rubithon date this year? Just saw some photo's from friends that have cabins at Spider lake and way more snow than usual. These guys do well over 100 trips a season and anticipate Forth of July to get to Spider Lake, with Tahoe side about 2 weeks behind. What do you think? John Pardi

Stay tuned, John. An official announcement is coming soon.;)

UGG . please do not move it to the week of July 15-21 . holding my breath

Last edited:
Okay, everyone that is following this thread needs to read the first post. There are new dates for the Rubithon.

See, @pardion , I told you an announcement was coming soon!

Thanks for dealing with this so we don't have to.

Right, we try to match the kids attending to the amount of prizes so no matter what all kids in attendance will be covered.
The Marauder Bar could use a Bloody Mary section, I'd be willing to support that.

Gonna be a miracle if I can get the kid outa school after first 2 days so we can leave Thursday night, is there a Thurs. night run ???, JK Dick, may end up that way tho.

Congratulations to the first two winners of an extra grand prize raffle ticket at this years Rubithon!

The January winner is - Peter Young

The February winner is - Jeff Kaufman

Thanks for registering early, Gentlemen. Your names will go 'back in the hat' when we draw for March.

Remember - everyone that registers will get TWO extra chances at an extra grand prize ticket this year. Due to the logistical nature of getting everything packed for the trail and notifying winners, we'll have the last drawing on August 7th.

Congratulations to the first two winners of an extra grand prize raffle ticket at this years Rubithon!

The January winner is - Peter Young

The February winner is - Jeff Kaufman

Thanks for registering early, Gentlemen. Your names will go 'back in the hat' when we draw for March.

Remember - everyone that registers will get TWO extra chances at an extra grand prize ticket this year. Due to the logistical nature of getting everything packed for the trail and notifying winners, we'll have the last drawing on August 7th.
Go Wagons!!

That was fast!

Changing the Rubithon dates definitely brought the law of unintended consequences into play. The new dates conflict with the Tahoe Hi-Lo's event on August 17th and 18th. This means we will need a new 'Exit Committee' for this year's Rubithon to assist with the Sunday exit up Cadillac Hill. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. A 'Trail Lead' to oversee two to three additional well-prepared rigs, each with two experienced veteran Rubicon spotters. (minimum three total rigs)
2. Folks able to pick appropriate lines for a variety of vehicle types.
3. Personable AND patient people to represent Rubithon!
4. Rigs must have WORKING winches and recovery gear.
5. Must have HAM radio communication.
6. Must be self-starters and get up before the chickens on Sunday morning and be posted at the usual bottle necks on Cadillac before the crowds show up.
7. You'll only need to stay on Cadillac until 1:00pm, then you can bug out.

Email me at chairman@rubithon.com if you're interested and we can get into more detail. If you've never been a Trail Lead or Committee member, this is a great opportunity to get involved in a TLCA tradition.

Last edited:
Changing the Rubithon dates definitely brought the law of unintended consequences into play. The new dates conflict with the Tahoe Hi-Lo's event on August 17th and 18th. This means we will need a new 'Exit Committee' for this year's Rubithon to assist with the Sunday exit up Cadillac Hill. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. A 'Trail Lead' to oversee two to three additional well-prepared rigs, each with two experienced veteran Rubicon spotters. (minimum three total rigs)
2. Folks able to pick appropriate lines for a variety of vehicle types.
3. Personable AND patient people to represent Rubithon!
4. Rigs must have WORKING winches and recovery gear.
5. Must have HAM radio communication.
6. Must be self-starters and get up before the chickens on Sunday morning and be posted at the usual bottle necks on Cadillac before the crowds show up.
7. You'll only need to stay on Cadillac until 1:00pm, then you can bug out.

Email me at chairman@rubithon.com if you're interested and we can get into more detail. If you've never been a Trail Lead or Committee member, this is a great opportunity to get involved in a TLCA tradition.

UPDATE!!

We have a brave volunteer for the Exit Committee Trail Lead :clap:, but we still need individuals to make up the reminder of the Exit Committee :(. If you've ever considered getting your feet wet and being part of the Rubithon adventure, here's your opportunity. I mean, just look what happened to me :rolleyes: (or not). We are looking for 2 to 4 vehicles with a driver and passenger, as noted above, to help with exit duties on Sunday. And yes, there are perks associated with the positions :hmm:.

Doug Huft is the winner of the March drawing for an Extra Grand Prize Ticket at this years Rubithon. :clap::clap::clap:

Congrats, Doug!

Do To the change in dates plus already paid for a month long vacation in August I won't be joining you all this year. I'm truly bummed as I've always moved other plans around the Rubithon, even my wedding Anniversary June 23rd. Have a great time, wait until you get to camp to open that beer, bring your bug juice this year!

Cheers, Bruce (Medic Lead)

Bruce, we will miss you. Always enjoy having a chat on our way to springs. Wonder if anyone will occupy your usual spot ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom