Help Doing a Body Swap on BJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there Northern Nevada folk!

My name is Garrett and I am the owner of a 1984 BJ60 that has a pretty janky and rusty and poorly painted body. If all goes well, on Friday I will be picking up an equally janky but far less rusty FJ60 body that I really want to swap on to my BJ60 frame.

I am a college student up in Reno and I unfortunately do not really have access to the kind of shop space and equipment where I can do this sort of work, and I was wondering if anyone in the greater Reno/Carson/Gardnerville area did have that capacity. If anyone was willing to lend me some space and even a helping hand, it would be greatly appreciated and I am definitely willing to pay for the services too! Swapping over the wiring and brake lines/parts and etc. really doesn't bother me, but I just can't lift a big ol' fj60 body on my own :/

Thanks in advance! Also, any advice on a shop that might do this work for a reasonable rate is appreciated to.

Respectfully,
Garrett

P.S. Storage costs in Reno are pretty darned expensive, if anyone has room on their property for a 8x15 trailer with a car body on it, I would happily pay them to allow me to store it!

You must have gotten the silver one in Janesville.

I tried to get it but he never answered so I figured another cruiserhead was trying to get it.

I don't have time to help you but when you get the swap done, let me know. I might buy whats left of yours if it's got the pieces I need.

Due to life altering commitments I will be lucky to get my own truck trail worthy in time for summer let alone lend a hand to others.
I suspect your biggest problem will be finding a venue. If you have the funds you might consider renting a storage unit, The best price in town for a 10 X 20 unit that I have found is at Pioneer Hills on S Virginia next to Tamarack Junction. You might also check on the places out on fourth street.

Garret, welcome to Northern Nevada. I suspect your question to find space amongst our members would be well entertained but knowing each of us and the room we have, well, it is limited due to our own "stuff".
We would be available to help you lift off the body when you get ready. As long as you have everything disconnected and it is just lifting, some of us will have time to help. I suspect for that body we would need at least 5 plus you. Keep us informed.

Garret, welcome to Northern Nevada. I suspect your question to find space amongst our members would be well entertained but knowing each of us and the room we have, well, it is limited due to our own "stuff".
We would be available to help you lift off the body when you get ready. As long as you have everything disconnected and it is just lifting, some of us will have time to help. I suspect for that body we would need at least 5 plus you. Keep us informed.

Thank you for the well wishes! This January marks my 4th year in Reno and I have really enjoyed living in Nevada so far.

Last Friday I picked up the car body on a trailer and I spent Saturday taking a look at what I've got and deciding what direction I want to proceed with it. I think I may just use the body for certain smaller parts like chrome trims that are missing from my vehicle and possibly do some swapping about of interior parts. My interior is brown, but this one is grey and might look better in my truck.

As far as storage goes, I have fortunately found a storage facility that is not too far from my house in Reno that doesn't totally break the bank.

Thank you for replying and offering to help out!

Regards,

-Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom