8x Series V8 Swaps (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1742820 Well i have put 180 miles on my LS Swap. I did a slightly built 5.7 Corvette Alloy engine with a 4L60E trans and Marks Adapters. Runs super strong. I just got the AC lines made and filing it now. Thank you to all that have posted in the Treads, could of not done it without your posts.

I am still going to put the stock air box back in, just could not wait to drive!
@Matt Crandall, What radiator are you running?

In the process of LS swapping a friend's '93 cruiser and now realizing that my '96 wiring diagrams are quite a bit different. Does anyone have a PDF of the '93 wiring diagrams they could send me?

In the process of LS swapping a friend's '93 cruiser and now realizing that my '96 wiring diagrams are quite a bit different. Does anyone have a PDF of the '93 wiring diagrams they could send me?

I have the ‘93 EWD, but I have not scanned it to PDF. What pages do you want ?

Need to know wire colors behind glove box for tach, fuel pump, park neutral reverse. I think that's all I used on my '97. Does the '93 have a CEL in the cluster?

Need to know wire colors behind glove box for tach, fuel pump, park neutral reverse. I think that's all I used on my '97. Does the '93 have a CEL in the cluster?

Is this what you are looking for (link in post #23 of this thread)

I think we found a couple of errors in this. If it’s what your looking for, I’ll dig out my notes.

That pinout sheet above is very good for a Gen3 swap in a 93-94. It does call for a wire or two to be deleted that you need for keeping the factory speedometer though, so be aware of that.

That pinout sheet above is very good for a Gen3 swap in a 93-94. It does call for a wire or two to be deleted that you need for keeping the factory speedometer though, so be aware of that.

Speedo, still haven’t got mine to work !!! Errors on this sheet I found were to get elocker to work. I’ll have to check again for something I overlooked regarding the speedo

Speedo, still haven’t got mine to work !!! Errors on this sheet I found were to get elocker to work. I’ll have to check again for something I overlooked regarding the speedo
IIRC, the pin out sheet called for the wire that powers the speed sensor to be deleted.

Let's talk drain plugs! What have people done to redirect the oil down when doing an oil change. I used an washer fluid jug but I sprayed oil everywhere, with it being directed directly at the frame I was to see what else is out there

I'm thinking I may go the fumoto Valve route but curious what others have done

Let's talk drain plugs! What have people done to redirect the oil down when doing an oil change. I used an washer fluid jug but I sprayed oil everywhere, with it being directed directly at the frame I was to see what else is out there

Lol!

I stick the drain pan over against the tire for the first 10 seconds or so.

My pan may be a little lower than yours if you ate running a car intake.

Fumoto valve takes waaaaaay tooo long !

I have a funnel, set/wedged at about a 45 degree angle, that fits between the drain plug and frame rail and redirects the oil down into my catch pan. Works perfectly !

It did take one oil change of oil splashing everywhere for me to figure that out....

I don't rush oil changes hahahaha if it's slower it means another beer :p

Where do I find the wire to feed the tach on a '93? Looks like the toyota ECU never saw a tach signal according to the diagrams I'm looking at

Where do I find the wire to feed the tach on a '93? Looks like the toyota ECU never saw a tach signal according to the diagrams I'm looking at
I tapped into it behind the glovebox. Black wire. The tach feed comes into the cab on the driver’s side, but there is a branch of it behind the glovebox you can tie into to feed the tach. The only reason it is over on the passenger side of the dash is to go into the underhood DIAGNOSIS port. (Personally I deleted that)

Working on my fan shroud. Without the shroud motor runs fine but I think it will help in the summer, especially in pulling air for the condenser at slow speeds. So far I'm getting about 16mpg in town if I take it easy. If I romp on it in town a lot mileage tanks to around 13. Haven't figured highway mpg numbers yet.
20190330_183524.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom