What are you working on? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep the only thing missing are the 2 yoke connections on either end of the driveshaft but those can be fabricated by any tractor supply shop.
I would highly recommend getting that done befor it hits the market.
I can see someone willing to drop much coin on a turn key, bolt in PTO solution.

Last edited:
That guy always has crack smoking prices listed for stuff.

I see his listings on craigslist a lot, always high prices.

Put new led lights in the dash lights on the 75.

Brian not many stock bezels light up that nice!!!!!

and the hoods are still in place even!
thats just off the shelf leds that fit the oem holders.

and the hoods are still in place even!
thats just off the shelf leds that fit the oem holders.

I was wondering. I replaced my bulbs with LED and it was pretty lame/dim. I always planned to remove those for better lighting.

Moot point now I guess!

Looks good.

popped the top to address a droopy headliner, a few corroded rivets on the windshield header...turns out only three were still intact and some drip rail paint issues i didn't take care of before putting it on the first time.
probably going to white bedliner the inside of it.
also ordered some of sor's sliding rear windows for it....they should improve summertime airflow through it.
mar19top.jpg

Last edited:
I've had a SOR headliner here in the house for five or six years but have been procrastinating about installing it in the 40. Gonna do it this year when the top comes off for the summer! Also need to repaint the roof, it got scratched up a bit on the car transporter during the trip out to Moab three years ago.

Finally got some more work done to project fluffy.
Got the bushing burnt out and new one installed, don't have a pic of the final product but I thought the cleaned out bushing sleeve looks neat.

Then I did something common for the SC400, a big brake upgrade using LS400 calipers and rotors.
I had to remove backing plate since the new rotors are slightly larger and do not clear, I will most likely modify them later and put them back on.

Next I tried bolting the new calipers on but they wouldn't go, I thought it was interfering with the rotor but come to find out a little ear on the caliper itself was hitting the bracket on the spindle so out came the cut off wheel, took a little material away and all good!

Nice new big brakes, car really stops great now, hopefully with some new front brake lines (left front a little rotted...) it will stop even better.

I also did the rear brakes because they were so rusted I thought they were locking up, come to find out when I took the rotor off, the emergency brake shoe material was off the shoes, so I will have to get those on order and get them replaced.

Took it out for a few miles, went and got some fuel, going to drive it more this week. Woody is still working on the amp but I plan to drive this up to our Eastwood club meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom