Trekboxx Drawer System for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David -

Might have been covered, but can you / do you have the ability to install a Partner Stove in the slider below the fridge slide?

I'm just wanting to get the stove in a perm mounting solution Vs. it taking room up in the truck.....I know 1st world problems...

Thanks,

John

Hi John- here is an excerpt from a writeup I did for this forum a while back. I get this question a lot...

"I am aware that some companies use this space under the fridge for mounting a stove. I didn’t do this for a few reasons. First, having your stove mounted to the rig when you’re miles from nowhere just doesn’t seem prudent. Second, the work surface is much more useful day to day, and is more likely something that you would want to deploy quickly vs. a stove. Normally if you are going to use a stove to cook you are staying a while, so you have time to get it out. My solution for those that really want the stove attached to the system is the Aux Work Station. It quickly attaches to the large drawer and will hold a stove. That way you have the best of all worlds- stove on the system yet easily removed in case of a fire, and full access to the prep surface."

A partner stove fits inside the shallow drawer, so it doesn't take up any more space in the truck than if it were mounted there. There is also the added benefit of using the shallow drawer for other things, i.e. guns, cameras, etc. when your trip's mission isn't straight camping.

IMG_9586.JPG-2.jpeg

David,

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. I was looking at most of the pictures and deduced that the stove would probably fit in that slider and agree with the premise.

Assume the lid material on that slider could be converted to a cutting board material as well.

Again David, thank you for taking the time.

Best regards,

John-

David,

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. I was looking at most of the pictures and deduced that the stove would probably fit in that slider and agree with the premise.

Assume the lid material on that slider could be converted to a cutting board material as well.

Again David, thank you for taking the time.

Best regards,

John-

The material is actually a cutting board material. It's made of Richlite phenolic, which is the same stuff high end cutting boards are made from. Having said that, I would bet that only some of my customers cut directly on it even though you absolutely can. Being OCD myself, I use those super thin plastic cutting boards to keep the system looking good, as I often show it to prospective customers, etc. It's unnecessary, and probably should be used for its intended purpose!

The material is actually a cutting board material. It's made of Richlite phenolic, which is the same stuff high end cutting boards are made from. Having said that, I would bet that only some of my customers cut directly on it even though you absolutely can. Being OCD myself, I use those super thin plastic cutting boards to keep the system looking good, as I often show it to prospective customers, etc. It's unnecessary, and probably should be used for its intended purpose!

Bravo David - Should have expected that... I'm a dual use per product or its out kinda guy, so having the ability to use that as a cutting board just saves me from bringing them. As long as I can replace it when it beat up its a win and I'm sure it is.

Best,

john-

Bravo David - Should have expected that... I'm a dual use per product or its out kinda guy, so having the ability to use that as a cutting board just saves me from bringing them. As long as I can replace it when it beat up its a win and I'm sure it is.

Best,

john-
Yes sir- the cutting board is replaceable should you ever need. Truth be told I've never had a customer request one yet- they're pretty dang tough. The surface will show small scratches if used as a cutting surface, but not like an HDPE board which will eventually gouge quite deeply. Either way, it's an easy fix.

I'm going to save some coin and order one of these next year. It looks all time. Very well made and thank you for the great write up on your product and the steps you take to ensure functionality and a great looking product as well.

I'm going to save some coin and order one of these next year. It looks all time. Very well made and thank you for the great write up on your product and the steps you take to ensure functionality and a great looking product as well.
Much appreciated. I'm trying hard to film in the shop when building, so you will see more and more videos on my website, instagram, facebook, and youtube channels. I know it's important to show what goes into the systems, but it's hard to take time to film, work around the camera, etc., when there's so much to do!

Here is my "Bravo" system installed in my 200. I ran David's Alpha system in my 5th gen 4Runner and both products far surpassed any of my expectations. Fit and finish is superb!

View attachment 1927912
Looks great! Please email me some pics!

David

Here's ours being put to use at a Bill Burke trail leader course recently. the wife and kids all drove our 200 and the 100. Good times.

Absolutely, I was actually planning on taking some today. What in particular would you like photos of to be sure to include them?

I would really like to see behind the rear seat area including the rear wheel well area. Your box system, looks great! We really want to add one this summer. Thanks very much!!

The drawers still allow the middle row seats to be reclined to the most comfortable position. That is also with them slid all the way back. I will actually be sleeping on the drawers this weekend on my 1st outing with them... I use an ExPed air mattress and the height is perfect for that.

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom