What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added pfran led kit.
The back up light is awesome. Instructions would have been helpful, and the other lights do vary a little in color.
Overall at least three times the light output.
Definitely worth it.
Just be patient with the cheap shipping option.

Anyone drop an Exped Megamat Duo LW onto this platform? It's 77.6" long, but that's the length you have to go to get the extra width (41" to 52" from M to LW) that makes it comfortable for two people. Does it scrunch in?

Rear shock guards and CREEPER skid installed.

J

IMG_20190315_120319600.jpg
IMG_20190315_120314888.jpg
IMG_20190315_114813914.jpg
IMG_20190315_114746238.jpg
IMG_20190315_114800581.jpg

Just a basic "10k mile" oil/filter change @ 171,720 (Mobile1 Extended Performance oil and filter).

New plugs today. Local parts store only had seven Densos in stock :bang: so I went to the dealer who wanted $12/ea. Told them I'd take one and go to parts store for the other seven, but the good man at the counter offered to price match the $8/ea to save me the trip. :clap:

Install was a breeze. I don't know how many miles were on the old plugs, but they looked good.

IMG_20190316_111817.jpg
IMG_20190316_124043.jpg

Anyone drop an Exped Megamat Duo LW onto this platform? It's 77.6" long, but that's the length you have to go to get the extra width (41" to 52" from M to LW) that makes it comfortable for two people. Does it scrunch in?

Have you purchased the Exped yet? I got that same one this winter but I haven’t had a chance to try it in the cruiser yet. Right now I’m kinda second guessing my choice. I’m thinking 2 of the 26” mats may work better as you won’t feel the 2nd person move so much. My wife and I both laid on it when I first got it and I can feel every move she makes.

Have you purchased the Exped yet? I got that same one this winter but I haven’t had a chance to try it in the cruiser yet. Right now I’m kinda second guessing my choice. I’m thinking 2 of the 26” mats may work better as you won’t feel the 2nd person move so much. My wife and I both laid on it when I first got it and I can feel every move she makes.

Following this as I thought the DUO Would be perfect for me and the fiancé

Following this as I thought the DUO Would be perfect for me and the fiancé

I talked my parents (60s at the time) into getting a Megamat Duo. My wife and I borrowed it for a camping trip when she was about 7 months pregnant. She slept great and claimed she didn't feel me get up in the middle of the night for a bio break.

Replaced timing belt, fan bracket, water pump, etc etc. Most of the job went smoothly. Except a broken bolt (alternator mount) and crank pulley bolt!
20190314_094517.jpg
20190314_094443.jpg

Repainting my rack, which seems to be an every 2-ish years job- still have a couple coats to go tomorrow (this is just one coat on one side)

CB473351-5F38-41EA-8381-0462CA92624D.jpeg

... and I FINALLY replaced my hood struts. I’m not sure why I put it off for years- took all of 5 minutes to swap out and they were only $27 with free shipping on eBay lol.

83F74359-5EDE-41BD-AEC9-5C2CA78884F2.jpeg

3E391BDD-49BD-4CB5-BB9A-2F0DC10ABE57.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished up my home-brew diff breather kit. All in all, a pretty rewarding little project. BUT, reaching the transmission and t-case breather ports was a major PITA and I hope I never have to do that again.

A big thank you to @willbt for your write-up on the subject! More info here:

I put on a few more "trust miles" after chasing an intermittent P0305 cylinder 5 misfire with full on limp mode for months

It would rear its ugly head only when the temps were sub zero, which is a problem in Wisconsin.

I think it is fixed now. Here is what I did

-changed the plugs
-oil change, air filter, fixed intake nipple nub vacuum leak where I broke it
-changed the #5 coil with one direct from Toyota (still got intermittent code)
-changed the coils surrounding #5 (went Denso for these), possibly 262k on them, cracked tubes
-cleaned every connector and sensor I thought might be a contributor
-Did 1/3 of the "big three" electrical upgrade, upgraded battery ground only-gained .2v at idle and .3v ish highway
-Washed it and a quick spray detailer- picked up .01 horsepower

poser pic from fall before it got real cold here

Where'd you source the body lift? I'm on the fence with the idea of adding 1/2-1", and I kind of want to see what all is involved for the 100 series specifically. TIA

Made 1" thick aluminum pucks at work. I have machine shop access. Ordered bolts and material from McMaster-Carr. Any machine shop can make them for you. If you can't find one let me know, where you located?

Best info here:

Thanks for that—Salt Lake City. I think Trail Tailor mentioned making sets, too. I'll run though that link and see what's what. I'm still in the research part—"research" is about all I get done when it's cold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom