2004 LX470 transponder key programming instructions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

About what did they charge you direct from Lexus, if you don't mind me asking?

I bought some of the same keys for my wife's GX. Had the same problem. Ended up buying keys from Lexus and didn't have a problem programming them.

I now have a tool to read the transponder in the keys. The keys from Amazon have a 4D68 tp30 tag which is for Toyota. They come up on the reader as a Toyota master key. What the Lexus uses is a 4D68 tp29 tag.

If the remote is correct then you can change out the transponder chip.

If the remote is correct then you can change out the transponder chip.

I thought about buying a 4D68 tp29 chip (about 10 bucks shipped) but I haven't seen that done before. Does anyone know how easy it is to swap out chips for immobilizers?

I thought about buying a 4D68 tp29 chip (about 10 bucks shipped) but I haven't seen that done before. Does anyone know how easy it is to swap out chips for immobilizers?

Here are a couple of remotes I bought from Amazon. These have a little compartment in the lower left that holds the chip. Just pull the back off like you do to change the battery and pull the chip out with tweezers.

IMG_20190311_085522291.jpg

I ordered some tp29 chips about a month ago, hoping to have them next week. Will be able to ship them for about three bucks each.

Here are a couple of remotes I bought from Amazon. These have a little compartment in the lower left that holds the chip. Just pull the back off like you do to change the battery and pull the chip out with tweezers.

View attachment 1924681

I ordered some tp29 chips about a month ago, hoping to have them next week. Will be able to ship them for about three bucks each.
If this works, I will gladly buy a transponder or 2 from you!

If this works, I will gladly buy a transponder or 2 from you!

I will test them on the GX when I get them and let you know. I know that the GX and LX use the same chip beacause I sent a chip that worked in thr GX to another member with a LX and it was the same.

I hope it isnt considered advertizing that I offered a chip for sale here. I don't make any money nor do I wish to make any from the immobilizer services or products I provide. Most of it actually costs me money.

I will test them on the GX when I get them and let you know. I know that the GX and LX use the same chip beacause I sent a chip that worked in thr GX to another member with a LX and it was the same.

I hope it isnt considered advertizing that I offered a chip for sale here. I don't make any money nor do I wish to make any from the immobilizer services or products I provide. Most of it actually costs me money.

just one enthusiast helping another

This is the procedure that worked for my 05 LC. Programming the FOB was a PITA. Took maybe a dozen times or more. I'm convinced the 1.5 second limit is slightly off. I had to use a stopwatch, but finally got it to work. I bought an OEM Toyota key with built in FOB off ebay ($150) and used this procedure.

Key Programming (Start engine)

To delete all keys except the current master key:
  • Close all doors.
  • Insert master key in the ignition and remove key. Do this 5 times.
  • Insert master key in the ignition.
  • Open and close driver door 7 times. Security light will blink.
  • Remove master key.

To add master key:
  • Close all doors.
  • Insert master key in the ignition and remove key. Do this 4 times.
  • Open and close driver door 6 times.
  • Remove master key. Security light will turn solid to indicate the system is in programming mode.
  • Insert new key. Security light will blink. Wait for about 1 minute until the security light stop blinking.
  • Remove new key.

FOB/Remote Programming
Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked.

Within 5 seconds;
  1. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn)
  2. Pull key out.
  3. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn)
  4. Pull key out.

Within 40 seconds;
  1. Close then open the drivers door.
  2. Close then open the drivers door.
  4. Pull key out.

Within 40 seconds;
  3. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.
  4. Close the drivers door.
  5. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
  6. Remove the key from the ignition.

Within 3 seconds of completing the steps above the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically. This indicates successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 above if the locks do not cycle.

To accept a remote transmitter perform these steps within 40 seconds.
  1. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.
  2. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds.

Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 1 and 2 as the remote was not accepted.

Open the drivers door. Test new remote functions.

Mauser if you have two extra I'll buy them. Or please direct me to where to find the correct chip.

I have a limited supply right now but do have 2 for you. 3 dollars each plus a buck to ship.

I will send you a message.

We were successful. Replacing the keytag in the aftermarket keys with the 4D-68 TP29 keytag worked. I will send an email to the seller I bought my keys from on Amazon to let them know why their keys can't be added to the ECU.

We were successful. Replacing the keytag in the aftermarket keys with the 4D-68 TP29 keytag worked. I will send an email to the seller I bought my keys from on Amazon to let them know why their keys can't be added to the ECU.

I can confirm the 4D-68 TP29 chipped worked on my '05 LX. Registering accomplished via Techstream.
A big thank you goes out to Mauser for solving this confounding issue.

p.s. I still can't program the locks (FOB) after trying the above procedures & also trying it with Techstream. But it's a minor thing.

This is the procedure that worked for my 05 LC. Programming the FOB was a PITA. Took maybe a dozen times or more. I'm convinced the 1.5 second limit is slightly off. I had to use a stopwatch, but finally got it to work. I bought an OEM Toyota key with built in FOB off ebay ($150) and used this procedure.

• Close all doors.
  • Remove master key.

To add master key:
  • Close all doors.
  • Remove master key. Security light will turn solid to indicate the system is in programming mode.
  • Insert new key. Security light will blink. Wait for about 1 minute until the security light stop blinking.
  • Remove new key.

FOB/Remote Programming
Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked.

Within 5 seconds;
  2. Pull key out.
  4. Pull key out.

Within 40 seconds;
  4. Pull key out.

Within 40 seconds;

Within 3 seconds of completing the steps above the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically. This indicates successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 above if the locks do not cycle.

1. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.
  2. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds.

Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 1 and 2 as the remote was not accepted.

This works perfectly - THANKS!

Any ideas on what this looks like for a 2000 or 2001? I only have Valet keys for each vehicle. My locksmith can clone them, but I can't get a remote programmed. Last time I tried to research it here, it looked like it requires me to get an ECU reflash. Something something the 98-01s are really difficult to do is the TL;DR I remember unless I missed something.

• Close all doors.
  • Remove master key.

To add master key:
  • Close all doors.
  • Remove new key.

FOB/Remote Programming

Within 5 seconds;
  2. Pull key out.
  4. Pull key out.

Within 40 seconds;
  4. Pull key out.

Within 40 seconds;

2004 LX470

I got it to go into programming mode but I cant get it too accept the new OEM key. What am I doing wrong?

Any other tips?

Thanks

John

2004 LX470

I got it to go into programming mode but I cant get it too accept the new OEM key. What am I doing wrong?

Any other tips?

Thanks

John

A lot of the aftermarket keys with remotes are sold with the incorrect chip. They have the chip for Toyota master keys instead of Lexus chips.
I have the correct chips.

Or your key slots could be full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom