Rock Rings! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Box Rocket

SILVER Star
Threads
Been searching here and Pirate and not able to find what I'm looking for. Any good sources for cutting some weld on steel rock rings these days. DIYBeadlocks.com used to be a good source but it appears they aren't around any longer?

Not clear what you're looking for, but here's some sources to buy rock rings.

Search "Rim Stiffeners"

That is the more technical term. Rock rings are usually bolt on fake-beadlock-looking things that protect the rim.

Maybe in the FJC world that's what they call them, but I've always known "rock ring".

If I search "rim stiffener" I don't get any of the results I posted above.

Yeah I've always heard them called rock rings as well. But between the two terms a search should be productive.

DIYBeadlocks.com used to have one called the "Ocho" that is the closest to the design I'm looking for. Surprised how many of the ones available are seriously ugly designs.

Had to Google rock ring to see what it was.
Still not sure why. What's the advantage of a Rock ring over a beadlock?
Thanks. I saw that site, but wasn't really digging their designs.

A rock ring just stiffens the wheel edge on a steel wheel (or aluminum i suppose). Its not a bead lock. Steel rims are pretty vulnerable in the rocks and can bend along the edge. The rock ring helps prevent that. Also can help protect the valve stem if they are somewhat exposed.

The one from DIYbeadlocks that I like best is this one, "the Ocho". But since these guys aren't making them any longer (that I can tell) I'm trying to find another one of similar style. I can just have someone cut me some but it could be cost prohibitive because of the small quantity which is why I'm looking for anyone else that makes it.
Ocho.png

Why not go full steam & modify your wheels with true beadlocks?

Btw, I like that Ocho design also.

It’s possible.

Bones @ OMF Performance was an absolute professional to work with and talk to when I did mine. Highly recommended.

Maybe in the FJC world that's what they call them, but I've always known "rock ring".

If I search "rim stiffener" I don't get any of the results I posted above.

That is fair. That is because the results you had posted above were not what the OP was looking for. You posted rock rings....that bolt on. OP specifically said weld-on, thus my recommendation to search for rim stiffeners, which are inherently a weld-on item typically.

Box, something like these look somewhat like the red beadlock you posted above: 1910002 | DirtBound Offroad Jeep Rock Grinder 15 Inch Rock Rings Set Of 4 Steel

1910002-HDND.jpg

Only difference is being weld-on they usually have those gaps on the outside to relieve the weld and shed water. I guess you could weld in an entire beadlock ring and just use them as rim stiffeners vs. a beadlock.

Last edited:
@Box Rocket If you want to have some cut for you get into contact with this ebay guy out of Pennsylvania. I had a tire carrier tire mount for some studs to be pressed into and I just sent a dxf of the part over to him and it wasn't very expensive. There are other people out there that will laser out shapes for pretty cheap if you have the dxf for them and they don't have to do anything other than load it into their machine. Also if you have some dimensions of what you want to look like the rings above, I could draw that in solidworks in literally 2 minutes with whatever shape you want.

@Box Rocket If you want to have some cut for you get into contact with this ebay guy out of Pennsylvania. I had a tire carrier tire mount for some studs to be pressed into and I just sent a dxf of the part over to him and it wasn't very expensive. There are other people out there that will laser out shapes for pretty cheap if you have the dxf for them and they don't have to do anything other than load it into their machine. Also if you have some dimensions of what you want to look like the rings above, I could draw that in solidworks in literally 2 minutes with whatever shape you want.
Thanks, yeah I've got a guy here locally that can cut them if I need him to. I just wanted to see if I could find them before I bothered him with it.

i like my DIY weld-on beadlock, made to install inside the rime , some other are made to fit on the top of the rime and the weld on the edge of the lip , it make the circumference bumpy
i can mount the tire with the beadlock ring or or without it if i just want the rim protection (rock ring)

DSCF2574.JPG

DSCF2586.JPG

Last edited:
That is fair. That is because the results you had posted above were not what the OP was looking for. You posted rock rings....that bolt on. OP specifically said weld-on, thus my recommendation to search for rim stiffeners, which are inherently a weld-on item typically.

Only difference is being weld-on they usually have those gaps on the outside to relieve the weld and shed water. I guess you could weld in an entire beadlock ring and just use them as rim stiffeners vs. a beadlock.

:lol: Ok bro.

Adam.....draw what you want in an AutoCAD type program and take it to any reputable machine shop to have them cut the rings. Less expensive and you can be assured of the design you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom