Superstar 121 10 meter radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those frequencies are in the 10 Meter Ham Band.

Larry in El Paso

ok so now I am confused, what 10 meter band does the superstar 121 10 meter radio use?
Or another words if the superstar 121 works outside of the Ham 10 meter band how is it considered a 10 meter radio?

Last edited:
From a few yrs back:

Do you own one and what are you trying to achieve?

cheers,
george.

Or another words if the superstar 121 works outside of the Ham 10 meter band how is it considered a 10 meter radio?

Because it does not comply with FCC regulations for CB in the U.S., it cannot legally be sold as a CB radio here, so they have to call it something else. :meh:

From a few yrs back:

Do you own one and what are you trying to achieve?

cheers,
george.
I own 2 and I am not trying to achieve anything other than I sold one, having read all I could find on the radio, including the fact it was sold new as " Superstar 121 10 meter radio" , so I sold it as a 10 meter radio. Then the person I sold it to wanted to return it saying it was not a 10 meter radio, because it doesn't cover 28-29.7 MHz, which technically is true. So it is technically not a 10 meter radio, no matter what it was billed as when sold new by the manufacturer. So as the next person 1911 - chupacabra says , "Because it does not comply with FCC regulations for CB in the U.S., it cannot legally be sold as a CB radio here, so they have to call it something else. ", Is not a good enough reason for me to not return my buyers money, as it is not a 10-meter radio.. So what I was trying to achieve was being honest..
So I guess Just because Connex lied about what they called the radio, " a 10 meter radio" , when they sold/marketed it new, it truly isn't a 10 meter radio and I will return the persons money.
Thanks for everyones help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom